Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the defensive showing early on was class, in particular Roos. However, even good defenses break with offensive support. The offense is quite poor. 

We need talent to replace our outgoing loaners. Anya Nugent and Martin are rubbish. 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

That’s it, seasons over ???

To offer constructive non wrist-slashing input:

Shinnie and Lowe should both be in the starting XI, imo.

And based on contribution to this game and this game alone, Anya should be in for Lawrence ? 

Maybe even Whittaker in for Jozefzoon, he's done the same amount of nothing going forward but Whittakers done some defensive work at least.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Looks like a close offside call on Anya

He made the wrong run, again. He did that time and time again on Thursday. Hold the width and drag the defender out, stop running across. His decision making is shocking. 

With the season starting a week tomorrow, this has got to be the weakest we have looked since the Clough days and I am expecting top half at best this season as a result. If we don't bring in 2 or 3 quality players we could be looking at finishing closer to the relegation zone than the top 6 based off how the squad is looking right now. Its very frustrating how late we are leaving our business becuase it means we will probably get off to a poor start which is points thrown away, the Lampard sage hasn't helped  but Cocu has had enough time to bring more in than  just 1 loan who wasn't good enough for Sheffield united last season.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

He made the wrong run, again. He did that time and time again on Thursday. Hold the width and drag the defender out, stop running across. His decision making is shocking. 

He looked onside though, and was through on goal. So surely it was the right run on this occasion? 

Anywho, FT 1-0; should've been 5-0 but for Roos. Although worth noting that Rangers probably are a better side than us, and have started their competitive season already. Still a very poor showing.

1 minute ago, Nyderby said:

I thought the defensive showing early on was class, in particular Roos. However, even good defenses break with offensive support. The offense is quite poor. 

We need talent to replace our outgoing loaners. Anya Nugent and Martin are rubbish. 

Nugent has gone to Preston. But we do need to replace him-especially as Marriott is becoming a sick note.

2 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Good job Preston have him then!?

1 minute ago, Nyderby said:

Who are you???

Nugent's gone already and Martin's not even played today.

And try and spell offence and defence correctly,it makes your post even more annoying.

Yea that weren't great, feel like we need another 2 pre season games.

We are really going to struggle with the wingers we have and trying to find balance in midfield.

Long season though, plus footballs a strange game. Probably go to Huddersfield and win 3-0 now.

3 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Nugent?

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We haven't created a thing. 

No surprise really when you've got Lawrence, Bennett, Jozefzoon as your main creative players. Who collectively have done and offered absolutely nothing. 

This has just highlighted what we all know. We are massively short. 

We are only missing Wilson and Mount though aren’t we ? 

Archived