No transfer news

Terry p

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that few of the youngsters will break into the team just yet. 

it is conceivable that lowe, bennett, and knight could become regulars, but at present malone would surely be favoured over lowe because lowe hangs back whereas malone provides much needed width. With more self-confidence and better defensive awareness Lowe could yet take the shirt. Knight surely won't displace new boy Shinnie except in my own preferred team. And bennett has to displace dowell, shinnie or jozefzoon. I expect bennett to displace jozefzoon in due course. 

still don't see quite how we get marriott slotted in, but we need his goals. 

Roos, bogle, lowe, keogh, evans, hudds or shinnie, dowell, knight, bennett, waghorn, lawrence or Marriott

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

it is conceivable that lowe, bennett, and knight could become regulars, but at present malone would surely be favoured over lowe because lowe hangs back whereas malone provides much needed width. With more self-confidence and better defensive awareness Lowe could yet take the shirt. Knight surely won't displace new boy Shinnie except in my own preferred team. And bennett has to displace dowell, shinnie or jozefzoon. I expect bennett to displace jozefzoon in due course. 

Roos, bogle, lowe, keogh, evans, hudds or shinnie, dowell, knight, bennett, waghorn, lawrence or Marriott

What about Forsyth at LB? Not heard too much about where he’s at in his recovery. 

45 minutes ago, Mckram said:

What about Forsyth at LB? Not heard too much about where he’s at in his recovery. 

@CHCDerby will laugh when I say this, but honestly this is 100 percent true ?

A friend of mine was at a wedding yesterday and Craig Forsyth was there, he asked him about his injury, he said he is 3 to 4 weeks away from being ready and that he isn't travelling up today.

I am happy because I really rate Forsyth and thought he just wasn't being picked.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

A few thoughts:

1) Can we desist from the Uncle Phil moniker. Will give too many people unnecessary flashbacks to their youth and the arrival on the scene of a good friend of their mothers.

2) January never has been, and never will be, a good time to try for permanent transfers.

3) We probably have a one or two permanents in mind, but I suspect we are having to play a waiting game at the moment as Premier teams finalise their 25 man squads. A few incoming loans from that direction this week is very likely; despite the inactivity and radio silence I wouldn’t be surprised if another 4 new faces arrived before the Huddersfield game.

Shall I go to my room now, and am I aloud out Dad. ?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Not many of our squad look capable of playing sat-Tues-sat and haven't for some seasons. 

We NEED players able to drop in without materially weakening the side.

I predict we'll have a slow start. Purchase the captain of lesser nation international at CB/Sweeper. Get trounced away to some relegation fodder. Switch to wing backs. Get promoted in the top 2 thanks to a penultimate match victory against a promotion rival. 

27 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

I predict we'll have a slow start. Purchase the captain of lesser nation international at CB/Sweeper. Get trounced away to some relegation fodder. Switch to wing backs. Get promoted in the top 2 thanks to a penultimate match victory against a promotion rival. 

Oh for the days before someone had the bright idea driving up costs by instigating a transfer window.

19 hours ago, Papahet said:

Am I really seeing people satisfied if we finish mid table ? Wow.

Off the back of last season under a rookie manager, we’ve loss some good players..but they are bloody replaceable surely!? Cocu must know a gem or two, Rosenior knows the league inside out does he not? 

21k season tickets sold, an absolute coup bringing Cocu in and the expectations are tenth. My God. Set the bar higher FFS, that’s Millwall and Preston standard 

Completely agree mate. Don't kid yourself, expectation at Derby is sky high. If we're sitting in tenth come end of the season, I can tell you most won't be satisfied. 

We were one game away from the premier League and fell agonisingly short. Granted that was with a couple of quality loans but we should be pushing for promotion again. I don't expect to go up but I do expect to be there or there abouts. 

49 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Big Phil expects some movement this week. We'll see what happens

It doesn't sound like he's got a huge say in who comes in and transfers in general. He makes it sound like he's just hoping the club pull their finger out and get a few players in, which he's clearly sitting tight on. I would be surprised that any new signing made this week starts in the first game, so the team will come from the squad of players today, my guess: Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Evans, Malone, Huddlestone, Shinnie, Dowell, Lawrence, Bennett, Waghorn. 

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Begs the question why he chose Derby then..

Most managers don't have much in the way of say in transfers, certainly not on the financial side. They'll be given a choice of players, the scouting team will do their bits, the manager will give his green light then the chairman or whoever will do the financial side. 

For example, I'm pretty sure Poch said recently that he doesn't have much if any say in transfers at Spurs. Cocu, I doubt, would have had that role at PSV either, with the guy who is now at Everton running that side of it. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Most managers don't have much in the way of say in transfers, certainly not on the financial side. They'll be given a choice of players, the scouting team will do their bits, the manager will give his green light then the chairman or whoever will do the financial side. 

For example, I'm pretty sure Poch said recently that he doesn't have much if any say in transfers at Spurs. Cocu, I doubt, would have had that role at PSV either, with the guy who is now at Everton running that side of it. 

Maybe Mel has said to cocu "Look Im not sacking you unless you are running the risk of getting us relegated, take as much time as you need"

Therefore, cocu wishes to evaluate all our players before making signings, and next year when carson, martin, anya, davies, huddlestone, thorne's contracts end- he will have more room and wages to manuevere..

So a free hit of a season for cocu.. a boring middtable season maybe.. but a very very important one in the clubs future?

32 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It doesn't sound like he's got a huge say in who comes in and transfers in general. He makes it sound like he's just hoping the club pull their finger out and get a few players in, which he's clearly sitting tight on...

I thought it was more like, 'well you know we're waiting on other teams deciding who we can have'!

Archived