No transfer news

Terry p

41 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is rumoured we are paying Anya £25k per week. I am sure on that basis Rowett, and Lampard would have played him had he been deemed good enough.

Yes, we only play players based on their weekly wages. Also Rowett and Lampard not playing a player doesn't mean anything. Rowett is a charlatan and Lampard was stubborn with his selection choices.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is that he is a very expensive luxury who hasn't  been deemed good enough by successive managers to make the bench. I am sure he is an enthusiastic trainer but so would I be on £25000 per week. He doesn't even after join a gym because he gets free training!

I'm going to take the plunge and say that i am honestly a little bit worried for the season ahead.

Dowell is in no way a replacement for Mount or Wilson and would have been a good addition if we already had 2 players of their calibre.

We made a lot of basic defensive errors last season and we have lost our player of the year from that defensive unit.

Cocu has had 2 weeks? To get the players back up to fitness. It will be very hard to also put across his philosophy had have everybody singing from the same hymn sheet in that time.

At this moment in time i am expecting a very slow start and a 10th to 14th finish, which i suppose isn't all that much of a disaster. 

We are well and truly back to square one (Nigel Clough days) which is exciting and worrying in equal measure.

Sorry if this comes across as negative. I just hope fans aren't expecting us to be flying from the off because we have a very good foreign coach. It will take time. As long as we set out on a path and stick to it, i will be content.

11 hours ago, Keano said:

Yes I agree but we’ve lost probably 3 of best players from last season in Wilson,Mount and Tomori and feel the quality of the squad has dropped.We need to push on from what was a decent season last year under Lamps but we need to push on and think that can only be done by bringing better quality players than we have now.The transfer window closes next Friday unlike last season when it closes at the end of August.A club of Derby’s stature should be pushing for top two not the play offs 

We are where we are which is about right for our stature. A top half team who gets into the play-offs and flirts with promotion,. If our status was as good as you are implying available loanees/transfers would be eager to play for Derby and as much as it pains me to say but being realistic, there are better clubs in the championship. We are not in a position where we can spend £5 mill+ on players, that's no criticism on Mel by the way but just the way it is. We have tried throwing money at it and it hasn't worked. and now we haven't got the cash to splash. Don't see anything changing this season,top half/top 6 if we are lucky but boy am i hoping i am proved wrong.    

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

I'm going to take the plunge and say that i am honestly a little bit worried for the season ahead.

Dowell is in no way a replacement for Mount or Wilson and would have been a good addition if we already had 2 players of their calibre.

We made a lot of basic defensive errors last season and we have lost our player of the year from that defensive unit.

Cocu has had 2 weeks? To get the players back up to fitness. It will be very hard to also put across his philosophy had have everybody singing from the same hymn sheet in that time.

At this moment in time i am expecting a very slow start and a 10th to 14th finish, which i suppose isn't all that much of a disaster. 

We are well and truly back to square one (Nigel Clough days) which is exciting and worrying in equal measure.

Sorry if this comes across as negative. I just hope fans aren't expecting us to be flying from the off because we have a very good foreign coach. It will take time. As long as we set out on a path and stick to it, i will be content.

Totally agree. But let’s all wish Frank well because he got his “dream job”. Totally screwed us over IMO 

Just to add my 2 pennies. I am really pleased with the way that Cocu has gone about his business. The worst thing possible would have been for him to rush in like a bull in a china shop and make sweeping changes and loads of signings in the first 5 minutes. He has taken the time he needed to assess a big squad and given everyone a chance in the friendlies. He is now in a much better position to make decisions that will affect the Rams in years to come and make the right signings in the areas we need to strengthen. Hopefully this will avoid spending more cash and resources on players that aren't what we need. I expect 3 or 4 signings over the coming 7-10 days......

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just to add my 2 pennies. I am really pleased with the way that Cocu has gone about his business. The worst thing possible would have been for him to rush in like a bull in a china shop and make sweeping changes and loads of signings in the first 5 minutes. He has taken the time he needed to assess a big squad and given everyone a chance in the friendlies. He is now in a much better position to make decisions that will affect the Rams in years to come and make the right signings in the areas we need to strengthen. Hopefully this will avoid spending more cash and resources on players that aren't what we need. I expect 3 or 4 signings over the coming 7-10 days......

Far too sensible - the panic-merchants won't be too happy with you

4 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Your ITK reputation is at risk!

Not my place to say anything mate, we’ll be fine they’ll be signings defo, youth is key aswell. So much negativity around atm, I’m confident for this season if I’m honest 

1 minute ago, BagRam said:

Fair enough, tbh I’m not fussed about opinions on if I’m itk or not. Happily I’m not but just been told something and we shall see?

Missed hearing something, what? Tell us what you've heard but leave out the names (to protect the innocent!)... ?

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Missed hearing something, what? Tell us what you've heard but leave out the names (to protect the innocent!)... ?

No player names- 1 at least in before next week. I can’t be sure but I’m hoping. The person who told me got the third kit correct so that’s why I’ve shared it, even knowing I’d get abused ?

21 minutes ago, BagRam said:

The person who told me got the third kit correct

The third kit that everyone knew was going to be a reverse of the home kit?

Even I knew last weekend, and I don't know Jack...

Screenshot_20190726-124110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db5a8906a2f2cabcea22adda44244c3f.jpg

1 minute ago, Pastinaak said:

The third kit that everyone knew was going to be a reverse of the home kit?

Even I knew last weekend, and I don't know Jack...

Screenshot_20190726-124110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db5a8906a2f2cabcea22adda44244c3f.jpg

Can confirm, we did indeed all know it was black, cos of the Socks. THE SOCKS!!!!!

Archived