Beer bottles

dcfc the 1 4me

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been years since I last went to Chapel St Leonards. Used to go every other weekend with my parents when I was a kid. What is it like these days? Spent many evenings going from the Vine Hotel to Fat Wallys down to the Ancaster, over the road to the Grange and then last stop at the Trafalgar on the way back to the caravan.

4 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Just had a couple of days in chapel st Leonard’s and went into a pub called The Ship Inn. My brother spotted this among a selection of empty beer bottles on display on a shelf about 7ft high on the wall8CE2DF08-2520-4696-94B4-66E5265FEE36.thumb.jpeg.6a60053b38479cd1857d51eaea698221.jpegAnyone know it’s origins? 

Guessing the Brunswick?‍♂️

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Guessing the Brunswick?‍♂️

Haha! Sorry for being so obvious, what I meant was, was  it sold at the club or just at pubs. I remember buying my dad some beer similar,  but not that label from the club shop a few years ago for a Christmas present. That’s the only time I’ve seen anything like that anywhere else. 

2 hours ago, Meestah said:

It has been years since I last went to Chapel St Leonards. Used to go every other weekend with my parents when I was a kid. What is it like these days? Spent many evenings going from the Vine Hotel to Fat Wallys down to the Ancaster, over the road to the Grange and then last stop at the Trafalgar on the way back to the caravan.

My brother and his partner were staying at a lovely little cottage a little way out of the village so we went over yesterday and stayed with them. The Ship was the nearest pub so we went for something to eat and a drink, then went into Chapel to The Smugglers and The Arches. I think it’s a nice no frills little place, lots of families just out for a good old fashioned seaside holiday. It’s a bit rough round the edges with lack of money investment but a decent place to go to for a short break. Weather was fab and there’s a great little beach bar called Benbows. We really enjoyed it and like yourself , have lots of happy childhood memories , it hasn’t changed much but it’s trying to be better. 

Archived