Underrated and Overrated Players

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rambo11 said:

Hitching a ride on the ‘Forsyth is underrated’ bandwagon. Our best left back by far.

Nowhere near as poor defensively as people make out and his crosses with Marriott up front screams goals

love Fozzy - hope he gets back to his best

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm sick to death of watching that gaol.

Said no Rams fan ever over not suffering from dementia.

Makes me feel a bit sad though.

We're gearing up for yet another crack at promotion, they're taking a 2-0 lead away in European competition, while AC Milan are pulling a player from pre season camp in case Wolves sign him.

Stupid bloody game!

Five pages in and nobody seems to have mentioned this pair of internationally capped overrated wasters yet!

Francois Grenet

“The only reason he is not part of the senior French squad is the fact that Lilian Thuram is in that position. His quality should ensure he breaks into the full France side in the near future.".........says manager Colin Todd

Bjorn Otto Bragstadt.............no further comment required!

On 25/07/2019 at 08:21, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The title says it all. Can include players and managers past and present.

Underrated:

Martyn Waghorn - We’ve got one of the best strikers in the league and people don’t even appreciate it.

I think you meant Jack Marriott.

55 minutes ago, New Gold Dream said:

Trevor Hebberd, Paul Blades and Mel Sage.

Three excellent and consistent players who were part of the great team from 1987 to 1990. They never seemed to get the recognition they deserved from many of our fans.

Derby actually gave Blades his release papers in Division Three when they were cost cutting .  As soon as he looked like being available Man Utd came sniffing .  Think that convinced Derby they may have missed something .  Nowadays he'd be of like a shot .

On 26/07/2019 at 14:06, stickywotsits said:

Phew...Colin Todd was better than McFarland...now that's controversial !  

It may be controversial, but it's true.

Todd was the best Derby player I have ever seen, closely followed by Charlie George.

Roy Mac was in the top 10 and would probably edge Wright and Stimac.

The reality is we have had such good players at that position that ordering them seems preposterous. 

Under-rated

60s: les green, john robson, willie carlin, 

70s: dave langan, gerry daly, john o'hare, 

80s: alan biley, dave swindlehurst; gary micklewhite, jeff chandler

90s: paul simpson, gordon cowans, 

00s: tommy smith,  steve howard

10s: paul coutes, tomasz cywka, george evans, 

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

It may be controversial, but it's true.

Todd was the best Derby player I have ever seen, closely followed by Charlie George.

Roy Mac was in the top 10 and would probably edge Wright and Stimac.

The reality is we have had such good players at that position that ordering them seems preposterous. 

Kevin Hector?? 

I think of the current lot, Carson has always been overrated. He’s a steady enough keeper but up until last season you’d be forgiven for thinking he was Dino Zoff the way folk bigged him up. 

I still don’t get the Holmes love either. He’s merely okay from what I’ve seen.

In previous years I felt Hughes was massively overrated. I loved watching him and I do really rate him. But again, the hype around him from our fans was embarrassing. 

But nobody was more overrated than Bryson. Was bang average the last few years. Others would have been pilloried if they’d played as poorly for so long.

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I think of the current lot, Carson has always been overrated. He’s a steady enough keeper but up until last season you’d be forgiven for thinking he was Dino Zoff the way folk bigged him up. 

I still don’t get the Holmes love either. He’s merely okay from what I’ve seen.

In previous years I felt Hughes was massively overrated. I loved watching him and I do really rate him. But again, the hype around him from our fans was embarrassing. 

But nobody was more overrated than Bryson. Was bang average the last few years. Others would have been pilloried if they’d played as poorly for so long.

After watching our front 6 at Rangers, oh for the chance to enjoy watching a Will Hughes again. He had technical skill and brains, both of which were barely seen in that match.

Archived