Sign in to follow this  
AndyinLiverpool

England Cricket summer 2019

Be interesting to see how aus approach this.  Chase this total and treat it as a one dayer against the one day champs or shut up shop and take a 1-0 lead to headingly?

13 hours ago, MK said:

I reckon this summer will have converted quite a few. 

Agree, I didn't watch much of the world cup as it was on at the same time as Wimbledon but I actually recorded the final and watched it later at night.

Test matches are slower going and more difficult to get into but the Archer vs Smith battle and the final hour with virtually the whole England team around the bat desperately trying to get the final few wickets was fascinating.

Not sure its converted me to a test match fan yet, but I'll certainly be tuning in more often for shorter versions of the game.

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Agree, I didn't watch much of the world cup as it was on at the same time as Wimbledon but I actually recorded the final and watched it later at night.

Test matches are slower going and more difficult to get into but the Archer vs Smith battle and the final hour with virtually the whole England team around the bat desperately trying to get the final few wickets was fascinating.

Not sure its converted me to a test match fan yet, but I'll certainly be tuning in more often for shorter versions of the game.

I mean, you like tennis, so I can't imagine why you can't like cricket.

Twenty20 unfolding as the gateway drug, 50 overs being the stronger stuff.... Next thing you know your strung out fir five days straight considering all the permutations, field placings, likely deterioration of the pitch..... Another cricket junkie, a tragic life lost to TMS and reminiscing about the 2005 ashes Flintoff vs Brett Lee....

Michael Vaughan has a log to answer for........!