England Cricket summer 2019

AndyinLiverpool

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Nope, we refused the new ball.

Hmm, not from where I was sitting.

Think you will find that we did ask if the ball was out of shape, when Head and Smith were in. 

How can the Aussies review a run out? 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's the reaction from the Aussies that has rubbed people up the wrong way, hence the retalliation from the crowd literally all day. There's obviously the "if you don't ask you don't get" saying in sport but it's a bit OTT from this Aussie team at times, first time I've noticed it in cricket. Paine is annoying as duck. 

Hopefully Burns and Stokes pick up from where they left off. Still plenty of bat left in our lower order too. 

9 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Doubt it after only 30 overs...

Well I was watching it and we did ask if it was out of shape. The umpires did the ring test and it passed, just, so they carried on using it. Bumble and Warne discussed the ring test and how they couldn't remember if it had to pass through one ring and not the other or if it had to pass through both rings.

Do you concede on the Aussies reviewing the run out? 

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Well I was watching it and we did ask if it was out of shape. The umpires did the ring test and it passed, just, so they carried on using it. Bumble and Warne discussed the ring test and how they couldn't remember if it had to pass through one ring and not the other or if it had to pass through both rings.

Do you concede on the Aussies reviewing the run out? 

Nope, the ossies called it out, the umpire sight was blocked by the bowler and the umpires had to review it, even though everyone knew it was a stunt.  He was that far in, he had taken his coat off and put the kettle on. 

Will you concede you just made up the ball review on 30 overs by England?  Might be true if the out field was extremely wet.

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Nope, the ossies called it out, the umpire sight was blocked by the bowler and the umpires had to review it, even though everyone knew it was a stunt.  He was that far in, he had taken his coat off and put the kettle on. 

Will you concede you just made up the ball review on 30 overs by England?  Might be true if the out field was extremely wet.

So they didn't review it then ?‍♂️ the only person that appealed was Lyon who had his back to Burn, and was only half an appeal, the fielder that threw the ball just lay on the floor with his head in his hands, the umpire went straight upstairs. And let's be honest, they have had an absolute shocker of a test so far. 

I just gave a detailed explanation of what happened, so no I will not. 

All one way.

Aussie bowlers really made our batsman work for the runs, this second innings has been too straight forward for their batsman. In a way I'm glad it's going right down to the wire on the 5th day but we've been very disappointing today, not enough pressure applied at times. Smith is a cheating tit and probably shouldn't be playing but you can't argue with his quality. Best in the world. 

18 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Stuck in a loop of Sky Sports misery, watching Leeds winning, or England getting pummelled. 

You made me check on how the game was going just in time to see Bamford score. I little bit of sick came to my mouth.  

Archived