England Cricket summer 2019

AndyinLiverpool

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb innings from Steve Smith - we just don't know how to get him out do we? The booing from the crowd when he's just got 144 and turned the game around was pathetic.

I know he was in and firing but Root putting every man back on the boundary to him was negative in the extreme.

Overall I'd say it's just about Australia's day and England need to bat well to get ahead of that score.

Losing Anderson is a massive blow (obviously) and whomever signed him off to play has dropped a clanger.

Broad bowled well and deserves his 100th Aussie wicket and a fivefer.

Good all round test cricket.

13 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Superb innings from Steve Smith - we just don't know how to get him out do we? The booing from the crowd when he's just got 144 and turned the game around was pathetic.

I know he was in and firing but Root putting every man back on the boundary to him was negative in the extreme.

Overall I'd say it's just about Australia's day and England need to bat well to get ahead of that score.

Losing Anderson is a massive blow (obviously) and whomever signed him off to play has dropped a clanger.

Broad bowled well and deserves his 100th Aussie wicket and a fivefer.

Good all round test cricket.

Cheats deserve to Be more than heckled and derided. He would be gone gone if it was up to me. 

14 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

He is a cheat, should not be playing the game.  How many times has he, and the other two, cheated before and not get caught?  Shows how weak the Australian authorities are, and the ECB for allowing him a cheater to play in the UK.

As much as i despise him for cheating and think he deserves all the abuse he'll get this series, i am glad he's playing. Would be a shame to not see the best batsman in the world playing.

Warner can duck right off though.

3 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Cheats deserve to Be more than heckled and derided. He would be gone gone if it was up to me. 

Found guilty, served his punishment.

Give him stick when he walks out or is fielding by all means but he deserved universal applause for his innings yesterday.

I think the punishment should have been harsher yes, but the blame for that lies at the feet of the authorities.

England would kill for a batsman of his quality.

Decent start from England in this innings so far.

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Same old ozzies, always cheating.

Put pressure on the officials to change the ball.

Then review Burns run in for his hundred. Same old, same old.  Rasp file tomorrow.

Didn't we ask about the ball when bowling as well? They have the rings to test it, if it passes the test keep bowling, if it doesn't then they change it, the ball didn't pass the test so it got changed. 

They didn't review the Burns 100, the umpires chose to see if he was run out. 

10 hours ago, rynny said:

Didn't we ask about the ball when bowling as well? They have the rings to test it, if it passes the test keep bowling, if it doesn't then they change it, the ball didn't pass the test so it got changed. 

They didn't review the Burns 100, the umpires chose to see if he was run out. 

Nope, we refused the new ball.

Hmm, not from where I was sitting.

Archived