Gary Rowett - opinions

SWFC_FAN

Sith Happens

Football was better than people make out, but lost it post heavy home defeat to Sunderland.

Poor tactics in play offs.

Will probably do well then clear off to a better opportunity, that said if he gets you up and clears off then win win.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

Really struggling with this idea that there is a link between those that go prefer entertaining football compared to those that watch on RamsTV prefer results. 

I could list a number of members that do not regularly go to games that were disgusted with Rowett's football. Likewise I could list others which were disappointed to see him leave, but then you seem to hold a view that fans opinions differ hugely outside this forum so I guess that would be a pointless task.

It comes across as a swipe, and not the first time which is why I picked up on it as I have and will always been defensive over fans right to have an opinion regardless of how they consume their football. 

RamsTV ? Where you puck that one from ? I didn’t mention anything to do with TV, I said fans who don’t goto matches and are more interested in results, I’m not sure how much clearer I could have been to be honest. Same reason as I mentioned later in the post there will always be fans that are more interested in the result, whether they attend or not.

There was no swipe in there, only in your mind, but you keep trying to justify your personal attack, you obviously don’t believe that people who don’t goto games are more likely to be happier with the result than ones that do after a dire performance, fair enough, your opinion, I have no problem with that and don’t think you are a super fan or on a high horse. I can appreciate a different view to mine without making it personal.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Can anyone that sells Will Hughes for £5m be classed as a competent manager? 

In fairness i doubt he was in charge of negotiating the deal, but making it clear Hughes wasn't wanted is his responsibility and one of his mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

In fairness i doubt he was in charge of negotiating the deal, but making it clear Hughes wasn't wanted is his responsibility and one of his mistakes.

It's unfortunate that Mel doesn't interfere in the managers decisions.

If I were he, I'd have sacked Gary on the spot when he made clear Will wasn't part of his plans.

16 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

RamsTV ? Where you puck that one from ? I didn’t mention anything to do with TV, I said fans who don’t goto matches and are more interested in results, I’m not sure how much clearer I could have been to be honest. Same reason as I mentioned later in the post there will always be fans that are more interested in the result, whether they attend or not.

There was no swipe in there, only in your mind, but you keep trying to justify your personal attack, you obviously don’t believe that people who don’t goto games are more likely to be happier with the result than ones that do after a dire performance, fair enough, your opinion, I have no problem with that and don’t think you are a super fan or on a high horse. I can appreciate a different view to mine without making it personal.

Interesting you say it's personal, accused me of putting fans in boxes earlier and you're doing exactly that right here but you can't see it.

You don't go to games, off in the more happy with result over entertainment box you go.

It's not personal highlighting the inaccuracies in your comments, as I said I could list many members I'm aware of that don't regularly go to games that were disgusted with the football Rowett served up.

Not going to games does not = not seen the game, which is why I mention RamsTV which is a legitimate way of watching Derby play, fans pay money and depending on the time zone get up early or stay up late to watch the team. Some of those want to be entertained just as much as the fan that is sat in Pride Park.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

That's double incompetence then ,crap at assessing players and then selling them cheap.

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

If I were he, I'd have sacked Gary on the spot when he made clear Will wasn't part of his plans.

And loaning out Chris Martin. I wouldn't have allowed that. If you don't want him then sell him while he has high value. Don't loan out your top scorer. 

Here Fulham, borrow this. It's never let us down. If you like it then you can buy it but if it's no good then we'll have it back. 

Well played Nigel "but at Leicester..." Pearson. The no nonsense manager that these players need. Tactical magician for the boys in blue. You epic dildo

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I can't argue.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Interesting you say it's personal, accused me of putting fans in boxes earlier and you're doing exactly that right here but you can't see it.

You don't go to games, off in the more happy with result over entertainment box you go.

It's not personal highlighting the inaccuracies in your comments, as I said I could list many members I'm aware of that don't regularly go to games that were disgusted with the football Rowett served up.

Not going to games does not = not seen the game, which is why I mention RamsTV which is a legitimate way of watching Derby play, fans pay money and depending on the time zone get up early or stay up late to watch the team. Some of those want to be entertained just as much as the fan that is sat in Pride Park.

It’s getting tedious now the straws you are clutching at, let me remind you of what you put, not personal ? Maybe you’ll have to educate me on who it was directed at if not me, as I said though I don’t mind, I’m more than happy for insults to be thrown my way ?

“Ooh, be careful up there on that high horse of yours. 

For someone that takes so many swipes at fans below him that use forums, you spend an awful lot of time here trying to educate us mere mortals. I guess we should be thankful that someone of your status andstanding in the fanbase graces us with your presence”

As for putting people into boxes, when ? I gave a profile on a fan that may be happy with GRs renewal, nothing more nothing less, but once again you deviate from my point and I will try to be a bit clearer if I can. I was talking about fans who don’t goto matches but are only interested in the result, the ones I know wouldn’t really be bothered about RamsTV or going onto this forum to be honest, please feel to quote where I said anything different, tried to educate anyone or was on my high horse ?

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And loaning out Chris Martin. I wouldn't have allowed that. If you don't want him then sell him while he has high value. Don't loan out your top scorer. 

Here Fulham, borrow this. It's never let us down. If you like it then you can buy it but if it's no good then we'll have it back. 

Well played Nigel "but at Leicester..." Pearson. The no nonsense manager that these players need. Tactical magician for the boys in blue. You epic dildo

In fairness everyone knew what we would get with Pearson and that's exactly what played out so if anyone should shoulder the blame it should be Mel Morris 

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

It’s getting tedious now the straws you are clutching at, let me remind you of what you put, not personal ? Maybe you’ll have to educate me on who it was directed at if not me, as I said though I don’t mind, I’m more than happy for insults to be thrown my way ?

“Ooh, be careful up there on that high horse of yours. 

For someone that takes so many swipes at fans below him that use forums, you spend an awful lot of time here trying to educate us mere mortals. I guess we should be thankful that someone of your status andstanding in the fanbase graces us with your presence”

As for putting people into boxes, when ? I gave a profile on a fan that may be happy with GRs renewal, nothing more nothing less, but once again you deviate from my point and I will try to be a bit clearer if I can. I was talking about fans who don’t goto matches but are only interested in the result, the ones I know wouldn’t really be bothered about RamsTV or going onto this forum to be honest, please feel to quote where I said anything different, tried to educate anyone or was on my high horse ?

Tedious is one thing we can agree on.

Find it incredible you want to play the victim card despite your continued swipes at fans that don't go to games on this forum, one of which triggered my reply tonight. Without those, this conversation doesn't take place. 

I'll leave it now, think I've made my point even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

What are Wednesdays realistic ambitions this season?

Part of rowett 's problems at Stoke were fan (and possibly owner) delusions about where they were as a club. Stoke genuinely seemed to believe they were far to big fir this league (that's comfortably swallowed up much bigger clunds than Stoke, us and Wednesday included).

Grind towards the top 6 with rowett would look feasible but like others have mentioned, dull negetive style. It's perhaps not as bad as I remember it being but it wasn't laugh a minute. On the other hand, a defence that doesn't give half the crowd repeated heart tremors is quite a novelty at Derby.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

In fairness everyone knew what we would get with Pearson and that's exactly what played out so if anyone should shoulder the blame it should be Mel Morris 

I thought he would do well based on really not liking looking at or listening to him

You know when someone really grates on you and then they're everywhere you look. Haunting you like a Lego haired ghost. 

He's like the football Keith Lemon.  

"You'll know when I'm angry, believe me." In his patronising tone with his soft smug smile. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Tedious is one thing we can agree on.

Find it incredible you want to play the victim card despite your continued swipes at fans that don't go to games on this forum, one of which triggered my reply tonight. Without those, this conversation doesn't take place. 

I'll leave it now, think I've made my point even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

Your point is complete baalocks, maybe read all my posts again, especially the ones saying that I couldn’t comment on a lot of games last season because I wasn’t at games, so I’m not sure what victim card you are on about.

Maybe also read my first post again on this thread to whilst you are at it, make it personal all you like, I don’t mind but I will challenge back when it’s fabricated, no surprise you refuse to acknowledge it.

53 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I can't argue.

As a poster later in this thread states, maybe the questions over playing personnel and their futures should have been asked before the appointment?

In fairness maybe they were, but the reality didn't match the answers given?

We'll never know.

To answer the OP, rowett started quite well by analysing the squad at the end of the 16/17 season and claiming he knew what was needed.

Unfortunately he then spent the close season recruiting players who were the antithesis of the attributes he claimed were needed to make us competitive....

He did get us quite a few 3-0 wins that we couldn't work out how. So the goodwill gradually evaporated. 

Good luck for the season lads.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

The Wednesday fans have fecked off because of the arguing. 

As soon as it kicked off in this thread they've all ran and huddled around Tango plotting to steal our songs. 

Just giving them a taste of what to expect....I did say he was divisive 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The Wednesday fans have fecked off because of the arguing. 

As soon as it kicked off in this thread they've all ran and huddled around Tango plotting to steal our songs. 

I'll be honest, as an independent I think @David has been uncharacteristically touchy.

Archived