Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by David

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve just had a read of the T+C’s

I have regularly been in breach for a number of years and think the club needs to take urgent action

I bring my own water for previously mentioned reasons, I also confess that I often have a packet of mints in my pocket,  The lovely Karen who sits next to me gives out M + S pig sweets when we score .. that will have to stop. The 2 blokes in front must cease and desist from the thermos and coffee habit (shameful disregard of policy that one ! ) and the cheese and pickle cob man (1 seat up and bit to left ) will have to be called out. 

The enforcement is lax .. someone needs sacking at once. “Tribunal” I hear plaintive cry ! No I say.. this is dereliction of duty and subject to immediate dismissal. As for the perpetrators ? . Suggestions on a post card to Mel or to text Crime stoppers with photographic evidence. This needs to be stamped out quickly. Careless refreshment cost lives

I think the reason I ‘overreacted’ is because I went to Burton last Saturday and the pat searched us and searched and tagged my bag. This seemed a bit strangely OTT and I was wondering if PP would be doing similar. Then all that appeared. 

So you can't bring your own food and drink. Fine, does that mean what will be available is good quality, reasonably priced and has shorter queues?

Thought not, me and my flask of bovril / coffee will be in attendance during the winter.

How long before we see Ryanair-style bag sizers outside PP?

How long before the club send out text notifications?

‘Jill, this is a polite reminder, please leave the Hobnobs at home.’

I could completely understand enforcing the ‘no refreshments’ policy if the food and drink was actually of a good variety and standard, and fairly priced.

But it is so neglected, it is so sorry, it is so uninviting. On the odd occasion I am in the queue in the concourse, I can feel my body saying ‘What have I done to deserve this?’

If they really want to encourage people to leave food and drink at home, they really ought to make it worth people’s while.

31 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

So you can't bring your own food and drink. Fine, does that mean what will be available is good quality, reasonably priced and has shorter queues?

Thought not, me and my flask of bovril / coffee will be in attendance during the winter.

Okay mate.

Frankly, it baffles me that people take food and drink to a football match, same as it does that people can't watch a film without 2 tonnes of sweets and popcorn. Have something before you go in if you're that bothered, most people can go 2 hours without food and drink.

8 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Okay mate.

Frankly, it baffles me that people take food and drink to a football match, same as it does that people can't watch a film without 2 tonnes of sweets and popcorn. Have something before you go in if you're that bothered, most people can go 2 hours without food and drink.

It's not 2 hours though is it. For many people it's 4 or 5 hours, at least, and once I'm there I'm not sitting on my hands saying/shouting nothing and conserving my saliva in case I need it by the second half. 

Food I get, although you know what kids are like.

What the club really needs to do is move away from the corporate style, mechanical, flavourless catering that brings no joy or colour to the experience.

When you think of the different communities within Derby and what a melting pot it is, the club could certainly be more forward thinking. 

The food on offer at the ground could take on a different theme each game. You could showcase a different local restaurant or chef each week, and different types of cuisine with pop up stalls in or outside the ground. 

Imagine if you had @froggg and @richinspain firing up some pre match paella in the West Stand car park. What a scene it would be.

I know the policy has been in place for years but never enforced - unless there was a major breach (like a group of lads bringing in a 48 pack of Stella  and sitting in the concourse getting wasted) and that seemed a sensible approach. If they plan to actively police it going forward then we are all in for a world of pain

When I think for all the years when I took my son on his own growing up, from when he was aged 6 onwards - we took our own soft drinks and snacks. Not because we hate the club or want to divert revenue away from them, but because the queues were massive and the concourse was no place to spend half time or pre-match with a small child. He (quite rightly) wanted to be in the stand soaking up the atmosphere and watching the entertainment. Not being jostled and hemmed in by a load of half-cut people spilling drinks on him.  

So having been in touch with the club,  @David messages: The food and beverage policy has been in situ for a number of years and this was intended to be a polite reminder to supporters ahead of the new season starting. 

For years and years then myself and countless others have been taking soft drinks, sweets, chocolates, flasks etc etc into the ground, unaware of this policy. David says the club says this is a "polite reminder".

Does this mean everything is as was then, and although the policy exists and although stewards check your bags and see you have stuff, they let you take it in? 

Or does it mean they are cracking down and will actually start enforcing it? 

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

So having been in touch with the club,  @David messages: The food and beverage policy has been in situ for a number of years and this was intended to be a polite reminder to supporters ahead of the new season starting. 

For years and years then myself and countless others have been taking soft drinks, sweets, chocolates, flasks etc etc into the ground, unaware of this policy. David says the club says this is a "polite reminder".

Does this mean everything is as was then, and although the policy exists and although stewards check your bags and see you have stuff, they let you take it in? 

I've been thinking if it's more to stop people taking fast food from around the area. People bring in fast food from KFC, McDonalds, Subway and leave the rubbish at their seats instead of using the bins in the concourse or taking their rubbish with them.

13 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Ah, I misunderstood the message @David added. So that is the Club's reply? The standard line? Not much reaching out there, at least on the Clubs side or is David still waiting for a reply?

20 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Sorry but I can only repeat what I have already said. 

I'm not going to sit here and tell you to ignore the clubs ground policies, take your flasks and sandwiches in you will be fine. All I can tell you is this policy has been in place for a number of seasons, this is simply a polite reminder.

Archived