Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by David

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

5 minutes ago, David said:

I’ve had the odd craving for a Cumberland before but never desperate for one. Have you taken a pregnancy test recently? 

Come to think on it @David I have-ner. I will consult my physician forthwith...{reaches for stethoscope & makes mental note to not to drink Guinness at Wembley Championship play-off Final next year..*}

* assuming we make it} . 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think by putting out the policy on Twitter the club has created a perception that it’s going to be enforced as per the rules.

Do we know if it’s going to be enforced to the letter of the rules or will common sense and discretion apply @David.

We’ve had a few dealings with Grace by the way and she has always come across as lovely.

As someone who doesn't attend, I think everyone should have to go completely naked for safety reasons, and refreshment should come in the form of a stream of stale water running down the aisles between each block; to save plastic.

16 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

That makes no sense.

You’re calling Derby fans an embarrassment.

I’m not moaning about the statement, I guess you’re not either. But I and you are Derby fans?

That makes no sense?

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We definitely need to make a new signing because some of you lot are going a bit...

crazy helena bonham carter GIF

I even saw someone calling out The Chief Sportswriter from the DET on twitter about some transfer story earlier.

coco loco

Just now, Van Cone De Head said:

I think by putting out the policy on Twitter the club has created a perception that it’s going to be enforced as in the point below.

Do we know if it’s going to be enforced to the letter of the rules or will common sense and discretion apply @David.

We’ve had a few dealings with Grace by the way and she has always come across as lovely.

I can’t sit here and tell you which policies will and won’t be enforced. That’s not a question I would ask for obvious reasons. 

What I can tell you is that the food and drink policy has been in place for a number of seasons now. 

7 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I think by putting out the policy on Twitter the club has created a perception that it’s going to be enforced as per the rules.

Ironically, you can now longer say Grace before a meal at Pride Park, unless you've purchased it in the ground.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I even saw someone calling out The Chief Sportswriter from the DET on twitter about some transfer story earlier.

coco loco

I'm fighting for journalistic justice while you lot are fighting for your right to eat yorkies 

29 minutes ago, wyschtonram said:

We all just need to boycott all the concourses and The Yard/Backyard.

I'm not about to boycott The Yard - they've just put Cocu Vin and Scheeper's Pie on the Menu.
I made that up - but if they do put that on the Menu, I'm gonna sue for royalty payments!

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Good luck to whoever has to frisk me to find out where I've secreted my half-time sausage roll after they bring in this daft idea....

'Secreted' got me??

Not sure how it can be reiterating a policy if it's updated.  A few times a year I take my two nephews to a game in the family end, bringing in a few sweets and a drink is part of the day for them .   I'm happy to buy something at halftime if they want it but it adds another 15 quid to an already expensive day out .  If this is now a forced policy to make you spend more it's appalling .  It appears we may have gone from a free season ticket on promotion to security confiscating a packet of  Cola bottles . 

Let me put a bit of reality to this for those people moaning...

The bag size restrictions are pretty standard. They are increasingly introduced at sporting events and other large gatherings by way of aiding safety in light of terror concerns. As are the advices that bags are potentially subject to search. Not all bags will be searched by any stretch but in the event that they do wish to search your bag you won't be able to scream 'breach of civil rights'. Judging by the over reaction, petitions and calls to protest it is a reasonable caveat to notify fans of.

With regards to bringing in refreshments there are two key points. In order to satisfy licensing the club has to demonstrate a level of control on people bringing in their own alcohol. This is quite easily done as a coke bottle with spirits etc. It's a way of demonstrating control which can be enforced if required but is not necessarily there to be policed to drive revenue as the net benefit of increased sales vs increased cost of checks would never balance let alone release profit. 

It's admin and little more. The reaction is hugely over the top in many areas. 

It goes on the list alongside Keogh, Lawrence and Kenny Burns as things most likely to make Derby fans react irrationally.

5 minutes ago, David said:

I can’t sit here and tell you which policies will and won’t be enforced. That’s not a question I would ask for obvious reasons. 

What I can tell you is that the food and drink policy has been in place for a number of seasons now. 

This,

They aren't going to take a kiddies sweets away or an old fellas flask of tea. Not going to happen.

What they may object to is carrying in branded food like KFC or Subway. At worst they will moan at carrying a bottle of pop in in your hand rather than a bag. 

16 minutes ago, David said:

Well, the announcement stated that the policy has been updated so in what way has it  been updated?

Archived