Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by David

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

This is an own goal. It stinks of corporate bullying. Football is nothing without the fans. Derby County’s own strapline:

“ Nothing without u”.

I see families of Rams’ fans attending games, all with shirts & season tickets and as a father of 3 grown up children who I now no longer have to pay for, who are now off the family payroll, I wonder “how do they {young parents with young children} afford the match day?”. 

I paid £12 for 2 sausage rolls at Wembley...let’s not go there. This needs revising...& quickly. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Looks like it’s probably gonna be easier to not take a bag and just buy their poo inside... joy.

Mind, can’t be a worse selection than at burton with the joyous choice between a Diet Pepsi or Carling. Decided to go in the toilet and drink my own piss instead.

Worthington and guinness available in the stand below the seats....and chips with curry sauce or peas.

better than the rubbish we get

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Worthington and guinness available in the stand below the seats....and chips with curry sauce or peas.

better than the rubbish we get

Food wasn’t bad tbf, was more the drinks. 

Guiness is vile. Suspect worthington is decent but ales duck my stomach over, need more than just the one lager

The only ground I have visited that have taken drinks off us before entering was Old Trafford, only 3 of other grounds have taken our bottle tops, Leeds and Forest , with Leeds providing plastic cups to empty them into. It might seem “tight” to some people but with kids in tow , season tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids, travel etc we always take a drink each , some treats and definitely flasks in the colder days . I always have my smallish bag checked as I go in which is fine by me, for security reasons I have no objections. If prices for things in the ground were the same as normal pricing it would be ok , (obviously the queueing problem would have to be addressed else there would be no one watching the match!) they are usually ridiculously overpriced and I won’t buy them on principle. I buy a programme every match which contributes a little but if this policy is put into force I will never buy refreshments at the ground , I’ll just go without but I won’t be happy about it. Don’t make our club like the money grabbing Man Utd please. 

Looks as if the new flask I've just purchased, to carry my halftime cuppa, will have to be put on e-bay.

Never mined having to buy the awful tasting coffee that is sold in the ground. It's the dozen or so of those stupid little sachets of milk that I will have to open and put into the coffee before I can drink it, that will piss me off more than the cost

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Your sausage proclivities are entirely a matter for your own conscience @David...but I was desperate at the time. ?

I’ve had the odd craving for a Cumberland before but never desperate for one. Have you taken a pregnancy test recently? 

3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Thus is the most Derby County thing ever. Our fans are, at times, an embarrassment. 

Apply some common sense. Read what it actually says. Then calm the heck down.

You speak for yourself, not everyone’s moaning.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I would pay £6 for a decent sausage without hesitation. 

As for “revising” see my earlier post. https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33012-updated-bag-policies/?do=findComment&comment=170712

You raise a fair point there, £6 for a sausage roll is ridiculous, only an idiot or a cockney would pay it.. however, if it is the bestest sausage roll and tasted epic, given the right circumstances it might persuade you to pay.

My problem is when somewhere like a football ground serves utter garbage and charges top dollar for it.

Last season the fans were punished when the likes of Zan Fish were stopped from being able to serve food outside, my home game tradition was half time chips and a pint, Derby County took that away from me, although I lost weight so every cloud and all that.

I went through a spell of not drinking alcohol so had tea at the match, 1.90 I think it cost and it tasted bloody awful, it isn't acceptable.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Was thinking this myself, really daft policy, unless the strip search me, there’s no way they will find my kids goodies. They going to tell everyone to take their caps off, check coat linings for dangerous oranges, the odd mars bar etc

Bonkers doesn’t do the label, it just smacks to everyone of blatant profiteering and spending well above a grand for the 3 of us, I think I spend enough. So do other relations. 

Come on Derby at least explain yourself or leave far too many feeling put out with this policy.

Leeds did that to me when sneathier dogs must smelled chilly cream try help my condation neves in my left foot and ankle.

Archived