Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by David

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's not two hours, though, is it? We are about 4 hours from leaving car to getting back to it. 

Yes we are out of the house over 4 hours. 

Football is expensive enough without forcing us to buy essentials like water. I can do without half time chocolate etc but not drinks 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

john watson burn GIF

Here's a suggestion for you all.

Pretend Saturday or whatever day the game is on is just like every other day where you manage to go a whole 2 hours without eating and drinking. Eat and sup before and after the game and hope you manage to survive.

On a typical day I probably don’t go more than 30 minutes without a sip of water*.

I don’t think anyone should be using cost as the reason to be upset over this. 1/2 bars of choc from a shop is a couple of quid. From the ground it’ll be £5(?). The difference being the cost of a pint - so drink less yourself to balance it out ?

But, I do side with those who want their kids (or themselves) to eat healthy food as I don’t recall a good option being available. The queues will also be impacted which weren’t ideal previously anyway. But will this really impact many in the South or East stands? North stand and parents/kids again are the most affected. But, won’t the demand for snacks be spread out throughout the game rather than all at HT?

*or other liquid

I can’t get home after an evening match ( unless I leave at half time!) and so need a bag big enough for what I need to stay at my daughter’s overnight . On Saturday’s when I can get home, I have food with me for on the journey back. It’s expensive enough as it is on the train without having to buy food during the 9 hours I’m away from home!

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's not two hours, though, is it? We are about 4 hours from leaving car to getting back to it. 

2 hours in the ground where you can’t take your own food/drinks food in. You can eat/drink your own stuff pre-match, then buy something from a shop afterwards. 

25 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Good luck to whoever has to frisk me to find out where I've secreted my half-time sausage roll after they bring in this daft idea....

Was thinking this myself, really daft policy, unless they strip search me, there’s no way they will find my kids goodies. They going to tell everyone to take their caps off, check coat linings for dangerous oranges, the odd mars bar etc

Bonkers doesn’t do the label, it just smacks to everyone of blatant profiteering and spending well above a grand for the 3 of us, I think I spend enough. So do other relations. 

Come on Derby at least explain yourself or leave far too many feeling put out with this policy.

2 minutes ago, superzak said:

All it takes is for everybody to give the concourse a wide berth for two or 3 matches

Do it, here is Mel calling out Sky for giving Championship clubs a bum deal and then bang, let's hit the fans in the pocket.

There are signs that finances are really really tight at the club.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Please make this happen, I can go back to having my HT pint then.

Oh yes, no having to leave the seat before half time, just so the catering clowns might serve more than a dozen in the queue before the start of the second half.

36 minutes ago, ossieram said:

john watson burn GIF

Here's a suggestion for you all.

Pretend Saturday or whatever day the game is on is just like every other day where you manage to go a whole 2 hours without eating and drinking. Eat and sup before and after the game and hope you manage to survive.

2 hours without eating or drinking? Are you mad?? ? on a serious note though, it’s very very rare I will go 2 hours without taking on some fluid.

2 hours without water if the current weather keeps up and they’ll need to have a queue of ambulances outside.

the kids aren’t going to be impressed when I have to smuggle the wine gums in in my underpants either...

Archived