Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by David

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

We could of course, all boycott the refreshment bars in the concourses, (easy for me to say!) but I can't see many sticking to that for long. 
Most people are already happy to queue for 20+ mins as it is... queues could be even longer/slower now, if this comes into force.

... Just when Mel was becoming Mr Popular!the most popular man in the county!  Oh Dear!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Don't the club organise the matchday catering as a 50/50 partnership with an outside company?

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

The catering is a joint venture between the club and Delaware North. 

Right - yeah, very poor decision by the club then. I naturally thought it would be a commercial driven decision by a third party based on how daft it is and the obvious backlash, in this case I imagine very much people taking families already spending £1000+ on season tickets. 

I went the whole season without taking as much as a bottle of water into the ground, so impacts me very little, but irritates me just how poor this is on the very vast majority. 

Sith Happens

Usually try and find a positive but can't with this. I am sure it will be labelled as health and safety or security reasons but its only to increase revenue.

Poor show Derby. 

I’m furious. Mel needs to look at this. What about the old folk who can’t stand queuing for 15 mins just to get a vile tasting cup of god knows what in what tastes like rusty water? 

The beer is revolting, the food is inedible. What about those who have to eat as they work and don’t get time to eat before? They’re so fond of pissing about with kick off times and making them at meal times. 

I’m tempted to get my season ticket cancelled I’m so disgusted at the way they’re treating us. 

Truly feel like they’re making a mug out of me. 

51 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Looks like it’s probably gonna be easier to not take a bag and just buy their poo inside... joy.

Mind, can’t be a worse selection than at burton with the joyous choice between a Diet Pepsi or Carling. Decided to go in the toilet and drink my own piss instead.

Ex-BurtonRam would have been buying a Carling with a Pepsi top and claiming that it was a Dark Fruits......

Then deny it and pop to the cubicles for a quick Tommy tank ?

Smacks to me of a decision taken at a lower management level, and one that will be overturned sharpish once news of its effect reaches higher up.

C'mon Mel, at least offer a DCFC branded reusable water bottle free of charge to ticket holders, and install drinking fountains in the concourses, while letting people bring their own snap in!

Disappointed with this. We take a flask, water and a half time biscuit to every home game. We only take the biscuits to away games as they won't let the drinks in. 

The only one of these I really couldn't do without is the water, after a 25 minute walk to the ground. So £1.20 extra per game and 23 plastic bottles wasted. 

Nothing to warm us up in winter, though.

john watson burn GIF

Here's a suggestion for you all.

Pretend Saturday or whatever day the game is on is just like every other day where you manage to go a whole 2 hours without eating and drinking. Eat and sup before and after the game and hope you manage to survive.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

john watson burn GIF

Pretend Saturday or whatever day the game is on is just like every other day where you manage to go a whole 2 hours without eating and drinking. Eat and sup before and after the game and hope you manage to survive.

You come and sit in the East Stand in full sun and go 2 hours without a drink. 

Because I can’t! You’re talking rubbish. 

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

You come and sit in the East Stand in full sun and go 2 hours without a drink. 

Because I can’t! You’re talking rubbish. 

I used to be a season ticket holder in the East stand and managed fine.

I'm in the South stand now and stand and sing for most of the game and can still manage.

5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

john watson burn GIF

It's not two hours, though, is it? We are about 4 hours from leaving car to getting back to it. 

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I used to be a season ticket holder in the East stand and managed fine.

I'm in the South stand now and stand and sing for most of the game and can still manage.

You sing all game and still don’t need a swag at any point?

I call BS. 

Just now, Srg said:

You sing all game and still don’t need a swag at any point?

I call BS. 

Call what you want, but I sup before and after. I used to sup at HT but can't be bothered to miss 10 minutes of the 1st half to queue.

Archived