Pride Park stadium mini-model

WestKentRam

4 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

I'm very impressed. You've got the whole of Wales to choose from and pick the right place immediately!

image.png.a9c21292d3c34f71fe03ad4ba4fa17ce.png

I go to Knighton every 6 weeks for work so had a feeling it was this shop. I always stop to see if I can go in but the owner is never there! You have to call him and whenever I did he was out of town. I saw the same item you bought in the window but i was after a Derby subbuteo team which he apparently didnt have. What was it like inside? Is there a lot more stuff?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, baiano27 said:

image.png.a9c21292d3c34f71fe03ad4ba4fa17ce.png

I go to Knighton every 6 weeks for work so had a feeling it was this shop. I always stop to see if I can go in but the owner is never there! You have to call him and whenever I did he was out of town. I saw the same item you bought in the window but i was after a Derby subbuteo team which he apparently didnt have. What was it like inside? Is there a lot more stuff?

Incredible! That's the place. Not sure what sort of a treasure trove it is inside. It was shut when I went past but unsurprising as it was in the evening, but it doesn't look like a conventional shop with actual opening hours.

As you say, the owner has his mobile number on a notice on the door saying he's unlikely to be in and phone him! So I did the next morning and left a message. He called back and arranged to post the stadium to me as I had already passed through Knighton walking the Offa's Dyke Path.

I hope you get to arrange a time to look around if there is more stuff inside apart from the window display. 

6 hours ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Ok, probably a stupid question (and a bit like the Ram’s eye), but

when did they paint the Meccano set on the stadium roof black? Noticed it was black this week.

Very observant that the roof metalwork has changed colour over the years! Looks like it was May 2016 according to this article.

https://www.hankinson.co.uk/our-work/sports/Derby-County-Football-Club

16 hours ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Ok, probably a stupid question (and a bit like the Ram’s eye), but

when did they paint the Meccano set on the stadium roof black? Noticed it was black this week.

10 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Very observant that the roof metalwork has changed colour over the years! Looks like it was May 2016 according to this article.

https://www.hankinson.co.uk/our-work/sports/Derby-County-Football-Club

Photographic evidence of colour change of roof metalwork found...

Trawling back through my obsessive photos taken at the start of each match the roof is silver as per the top picture on 7/5/16 v Ipswich (I took a photo of my mate rather than the roof for the Hull home PO game!) and then black against Brighton on 6/8/16 the next season.

1914288801_2016-05-0712_27.19(2).thumb.jpg.cf4c814d5d90d70134164e9eb867bb1d.jpg2049403814_2016-08-0614_43.16(2).thumb.jpg.0b8dddfc6474134c8e4e841dba869363.jpg

1 hour ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Why has it taken me 3 years to notice? ?

Can think of lots of non flattering answers but I suspect you were eyes down looking for players to accost for a Selfie.

PS I think black is not a good colour up there, prefer white. 

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Can think of lots of non flattering answers but I suspect you were eyes down looking for players to accost for a Selfie.

PS I think black is not a good colour up there, prefer white. 

Looks much better though with the faded yellow seats at the front removed, plus the green surrounding the pitch.

Archived