Bart Ramselaar - Joined FC Utrecht

BagRam

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7305445/Transfer-news-Derby-County-enter-talks-PSV-Eindhoven-midfielder-Bart-Ramselaar.html

I know it's not Percy, and I know its the Daily Fail - however, its as concrete a link as we've had thus far.

If he's free to leave this Summer then why the need to enter into talks with PSV?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

If he's free to leave this Summer then why the need to enter into talks with PSV?

You're free to buy something from a shop, doesn't mean the shop's giving it you for free.

That’s actually our first proper link isn’t it? It was just a suggestion by the Dutch media before now? Obviously a player cocu will have recommended to the recruitment team having worked with him before. Sounds like talks are at an early stage atm, seeing what each party wants in a deal, so I doubt an offer is on the table yet, hence he’s probably not one of the two Rosenior was on about. Sounds like PSV want rid of him though and don’t see him in their squad at all, so could get a bargain here as their negotiating position will be poor.

On 26/07/2019 at 13:43, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He didn't sound too convincing with his reasons for not focusing on PSV players, as if their players aren't up to playing in the championship.

I wonder how Brentford were able to get Jota, Maupay, Josefzoon to adjust to the championship?

He’s not said that they’re not good enough. He said he wants to evaluate what the Championship is like first, allowing him to make better decisions as to who would be able to adapt in future windows.

42 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7305445/Transfer-news-Derby-County-enter-talks-PSV-Eindhoven-midfielder-Bart-Ramselaar.html

I know it's not Percy, and I know its the Daily Fail - however, its as concrete a link as we've had thus far.

Wasn’t it the mail that first reported we were trying to get Cocu?

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

I'm thinking this one probably relies on a sale - Lowe for instance - to free up funds. 

What makes you think that? The reports make it sound like it would be a free (or at least very cheap fee) transfer and his wage demands wouldn't be a fraction of what Butterfield, Johnson or Bryson were earning.

I don't think we'd need to sell any players we don't want to sell to sign the players we've recently been linked with. Bielek is the highest reported fee and that seems to be mainly covered by business earlier in the window (Lampard, Delap etc.).

He is contracted until 2021, so any ideas on the price we are likely to pay?

My guess is £3.5 million - which could be the bargain of the season if he comes in and adjusts well to English football and the Championship.

Archived