Bart Ramselaar - Joined FC Utrecht

BagRam

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall preface this with I know nothing.

But I'd love to see Ramselaar in the Directors' Box tonight watching the game. A young player with incredible tekkers who became a full Dutchinternational under Cocu.

Seems the kind of player who's the glue that knits a team together. A John McGovern sort of player. Or there was @Ambitiousearlier in the thread likening him (iirc) to Will Hughes. Who wouldn't want such a player here? 

A reason why Ramselaar would be such a great capture is we're buying at the bottom of his value. It's great we've got Bielik - he's exactly the sort of Miles Addison/Yaya Toure player we've needed for so long to dominate the area in front of the defence. But we paid top dollar for him because he arrives off the back of a great season at Charlton and then a very strong U21 tournament with the Poles.

A couple of years ago PSV would have wanted huge money for Ramselaar after a strong title winning season with lots of goals and a 21 year old getting three senior Dutch caps. Without Cocu his star has faded. I'm fed up of Derby buying players such as Blackman at the absolute top of their value and then some more. Or bidding fortunes for Forestieri or Knockaert when we all knew they were good and available on the cheap the preceding seasons. We need to get the players with talent at the time when they're not ripping up trees, but be confident in the manager and coaching staff that they can get them doing that again.

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A reason why Ramselaar would be such a great capture is we're buying at the bottom of his value.

The only sensible reason to say you don't want Ramselaar is if you're trying to protect your expectations and not get your hopes up

I can only assume that's what people are doing

Or they're all Gary Rowett - He wouldn't want Ramselaar

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The only sensible reason to say you don't want Ramselaar is if you're trying to protect your expectations and not get your hopes up

I can only assume that's what people are doing

Or they're all Gary Rowett - He wouldn't want Ramselaar

There's talk he might end up at AZ Alkmaar because they're selling their skipper Guus Til to Spartak Moscow. Alkmaar are in the Europa League but have a tiny ground. Derby under Cocu would mean a reunion with the old boss, bigger crowds, more money and better facilities. I'd hope we're the better option if there aren't other suitors. 

41 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A reason why Ramselaar would be such a great capture is we're buying at the bottom of his value. It's great we've got Bielik - he's exactly the sort of Miles Addison/Yaya Toure player we've needed for so long to dominate the area in front of the defence. But we paid top dollar for him because he arrives off the back of a great season at Charlton and then a very strong U21 tournament with the Poles.

A couple of years ago PSV would have wanted huge money for Ramselaar after a strong title winning season with lots of goals and a 21 year old getting three senior Dutch caps. Without Cocu his star has faded. I'm fed up of Derby buying players such as Blackman at the absolute top of their value and then some more. Or bidding fortunes for Forestieri or Knockaert when we all knew they were good and available on the cheap the preceding seasons. We need to get the players with talent at the time when they're not ripping up trees, but be confident in the manager and coaching staff that they can get them doing that again.

I was aware of him when we played Utrecht in the pre-season friendly. Could have got him for peanuts then. Remember one or two nice touches but will hughes was the best player on the pitch.

Archived