Bart Ramselaar - Joined FC Utrecht

BagRam

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I did the same until he joined the squad in the US, he appears to be part of the squad now and doesn’t seem likely to be going anywhere.

I agree on the 4 winger account, need two first choice wingers and a couple more for rotation. Winger is one of the main positions where you’re likely to see injuries/tiredness/loss of form, so it’s likely you’ll see a fair amount of rotation there and thus need quality in those 4 wingers. As I say, atm we have 4 wingers already but I’m expecting josefzoon to leave yet (hopefully for reasonably decent money) so we’ll be needing to bring In another man to replace him, and I’m expecting us to do just that, hopefully before Monday.

Wingers at the moment - Jozefzoon quick and technically gifted on the ball - Anya - all pace, useful as he always keeps his full back busy (personally I’ve always rated him, he’s a good player but I remember Rowett saying he didn’t put him in his squad for most of the season because he didn’t mix with the rest of the team and he wanted to have a good team spirit - I assume Lampard made a similar judgment as he’s quite a useful player to have at your disposal. Bennett - not technically gifted but he fast and powerful, wins lots of headers and is great option off the bench. Lawrence - not really an out and out winger, likes to be more central but when you look at the run he made against wba at the end of the season you can see why he gets in the team, personally I think he’s a number 10.

We really do need another proper right winger that can have a similar impact as Wilson last year but in all honesty I would take more goals from open play rather than all the set pieces as he did have a tendency to go missing in games. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Wingers at the moment - Jozefzoon quick and technically gifted on the ball - Anya - all pace, useful as he always keeps his full back busy (personally I’ve always rated him, he’s a good player but I remember Rowett saying he didn’t put him in his squad for most of the season because he didn’t mix with the rest of the team and he wanted to have a good team spirit - I assume Lampard made a similar judgment as he’s quite a useful player to have at your disposal. Bennett - not technically gifted but he fast and powerful, wins lots of headers and is great option off the bench. Lawrence - not really an out and out winger, likes to be more central but when you look at the run he made against wba at the end of the season you can see why he gets in the team, personally I think he’s a number 10.

We really do need another proper right winger that can have a similar impact as Wilson last year but in all honesty I would take more goals from open play rather than all the set pieces as he did have a tendency to go missing in games. 

I wouldn’t describe Flojo as technically gifted on the ball. He runs into dead ends or out of play IMO.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I wouldn’t describe Flojo as technically gifted on the ball. He runs into dead ends or out of play IMO.

Technically gifted in the sense he link play quite well and he’s got a nice touch 

15 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Technically gifted in the sense he link play quite well and he’s got a nice touch 

Passing the ball mostly backwards to the player behind him isn't what I call linking play. A nice touch, well so has Anya. There's little end product for a player like FloJo in the position he plays in. 

4 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Anya is a fraud. He has very little ability aside from his pace. Poor crosser, no real chick in his armoury and basically a headless chicken. Get him far away from the squad. 

Just in case you were wondering I don't rate him.

Random...

10 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Anya is a fraud. He has very little ability aside from his pace. Poor crosser, no real chick in his armoury and basically a headless chicken. Get him far away from the squad. 

Really ? He isn’t a favourite of mine either, but he was one of our best players against Girona. He gets stuck in and can beat a man and put in useful crosses. Fine, so he doesn’t fit with our set up but fraud is a pretty damining character assassination for someone who has played for his country and in all honesty a toxic thing to say about one of our players. 

19 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Totally agree, his final ball, decision making and his tendency to give the ball away when not under pressure means he's not good enough at this level. Same applies to Jozefzoon. Lawrence is a bit better but his attitude stinks. Get rid of them all.

Archived