Bart Ramselaar - Joined FC Utrecht

BagRam

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Did he supply the pen used for signing ? 

7 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

I could hear that story Carl. 

Very short version. Shanks wasn't interested. The Liverpool chief scout was at the end of his tether and came round to ask my dad's advice (someone he really looked up to). They hatched a plan and rang Shankley that evening from our house with an ultimatum. It worked, Shanks caved in and Liverpool went out and bought Keegan. 

My old man's a Ram so I'm slightly cross he didn't suggest the Baseball Ground as a more appropriate destination, but I suppose we had super Kevin Hector anyway. 

20 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

My old man was pivotal in him signing for Liverpool but that's another story!

Come on......you can't leave us in suspenders.

On 22/07/2019 at 17:10, LazloW said:

Oh, quite a long time.  I have wasted a large part of my adolescent and adult life playing Football Manager (and other games).  If I were to ever add it up, then I imagine it would be quite scary!  Hasn’t done me any harm though. Wibble.

I spy your gamer username...#gta #grandtheftauto

On 23 Jul 2019 at 20:29, Carl Sagan said:

Very short version. Shanks wasn't interested. The Liverpool chief scout was at the end of his tether and came round to ask my dad's advice (someone he really looked up to). They hatched a plan and rang Shankley that evening from our house with an ultimatum. It worked, Shanks caved in and Liverpool went out and bought Keegan. 

My old man's a Ram so I'm slightly cross he didn't suggest the Baseball Ground as a more appropriate destination, but I suppose we had super Kevin Hector anyway. 

Was your dad a scout or in football then mate? 

15 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Cocu rules this out really and for very clear and valid reasons

https://t.co/fRUeC4AIN9?amp=1

He didn't sound too convincing with his reasons for not focusing on PSV players, as if their players aren't up to playing in the championship.

I wonder how Brentford were able to get Jota, Maupay, Josefzoon to adjust to the championship?

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He didn't sound too convincing with his reasons for not focusing on PSV players, as if their players aren't up to playing in the championship.

I wonder how Brentford were able to get Jota, Maupay, Josefzoon to adjust to the championship?

If they could let us know how they did it with Jozefzoon that'd be nice.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If they could let us know how they did it with Jozefzoon that'd be nice.

He was their best player when we signed him, according to my boss who supports Brentford anyway, she was gutted when we signed him.

He was pants for them at first but clicked and was a key player.

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Josefzoon is the only Dutch player there in the ones you mentioned and Cocu was pretty specific on saying no PSV players because of the environment of the Championship. Can think of plenty of good french and spanish players in the champ, but the only good dutch players I can remember in the champ are generally the bigger ones like Van der Hoorn. 

Archived