Splendour Festival 2019

Inverurie Ram

So whilst a few of you were at Burton Albion enjoying the 5-2 pre season win. Some of us were surrounded by folk in Nottingham Forest Tracksuits, Rain Jackets, Football Shirts, T-Shirts the lot. But we sill enjoyed ourselves at Splendour Festival 2019.

Started the day off enjoying a few in the new bar in Derby The Worm Has Turned. Before a bus to Nottingham and back. Enjoyed breakfast this morning at The Kitchen on Saddler Gate before catching a flight back home today from Birmingham were quite a few folk in the airport were wearing their Aston Villa tops.

Anyone else on here at The Splendour Festival 2019?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. I love the Specials. I quite like All Saints too actually. I went on a date with the Appleton sisters in the late 90's. Kind of. Well, we sat at the same table backstage at T in the Park. It was quite a big table. I nearly picked nicole's handbag up for her when she dropped it on the floor but she got to it first. It was a fairly platonic date.

How were the Specials? Unfortunately not many of them still performing together.

Saw them at the 30th anniversary, and have been lucky to meet and see Rico and Jerry Dammers separately a few times too.

7 hours ago, Anna said:

How were the Specials? Unfortunately not many of them still performing together.

Saw them at the 30th anniversary, and have been lucky to meet and see Rico and Jerry Dammers separately a few times too.

The Specials were the reason I went and they were specially good. I went to the Splendour Festival 2009 to see The Pogues and Madness and The Rifles etc.

I enjoyed the festival as it was a small festival, just a couple of thousand people at it. It's certainly grown in numbers over the years, this was sold out, about 25,000 people now and I remember it being a great price for a ticket and it still is great value compared to so many festivals, just over £40 for a ticket and still easy to move around in the place, and if your a Gent easy to get in and out the toilets.

Best shout of the day in the Gents, was singing 'I'm caught in a trap.........(we can't go on together, with Suspicious Minds) as Roland Gift belted it out live on the smaller stage, I enjoyed my fellow Hully Gully's set. He played these three plus Good Thing, She Drives Me Crazy. Great reminder of the past and Ever Fallen In Love thrown in for good measure. Quality.

7 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Looks good. I love the Specials. I quite like All Saints too actually. I went on a date with the Appleton sisters in the late 90's. Kind of. Well, we sat at the same table backstage at T in the Park. It was quite a big table. I nearly picked nicole's handbag up for her when she dropped it on the floor but she got to it first. It was a fairly platonic date.

I went and had a look, then I had a few more.

13 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Also great to see The Rifles again. Saw them back in 2009 at Splendour and at many other festivals over the years.

Top band.  Seen them a couple of times down Concorde2 at Brighton, and they always play a good, tight set.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

My mates all go to YNOT, plus it lasts from Thursday to Sunday. I definitely fancy trying some new festivals when I eventually have a bit more disposable income.

Students today!........You'd have a bit more disposable income if you went to a one day festival instead of a four day festival and you would have the joy of going home to your own bed or someone else's and wouldn't be stuck trying to flog your YNOT 2019 ticket so you can go to Glasgow Rangers v Derby County instead.

Plus Somersby Cider in a load of flavours at Splendour and Castle Rock Beers, Ales and Carlsberg Lager plus many spirits and wines.

15 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Students today!........You'd have a bit more disposable income if you went to a one day festival instead of a four day festival and you would have the joy of going home to your own bed or someone else's and wouldn't be stuck trying to flog your YNOT 2019 ticket so you can go to Glasgow Rangers v Derby County instead.

Plus Somersby Cider in a load of flavours at Splendour and Castle Rock Beers, Ales and Carlsberg Lager plus many spirits and wines.

Fair point! Thankfully, I sold my Y Not ticket for £140 cash yesterday, which I'll take to Glasgow and hope to bring some back. And who knows, maybe I'll end up staying in someone else's bed in Scotland.?

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Fair point! Thankfully, I sold my Y Not ticket for £140 cash yesterday, which I'll take to Glasgow and hope to bring some back. And who knows, maybe I'll end up staying in someone else's bed in Scotland.?

Jump in with these two. Abadabbadobbie!

17 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

doubt it schitts creek GIF by CBC

Archived