Grady Diangana - joined West Brom

Mr. Mick L White

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Ham fans seem to rate him, but can't help but think this is an easy link. He doesn't look too great on paper, certainly when you consider we have a few wingers coming through. I'd like to think we could get someone a bit more of a profile if we spend a bit on the loan. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

West Ham fans seem to rate him, but can't help but think this is an easy link. He doesn't look too great on paper, certainly when you consider we have a few wingers coming through. I'd like to think we could get someone a bit more of a profile if we spend a bit on the loan. 

Which wingers are coming through?

Young lad came on as sub v Stoke. 

Who else?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

McAllister, Tyree Wilson, Whittaker has played there, so has Archie Brown, then there’s also the new lads in the U18s

Mitchell-Lawson, Wilson and Whittaker were the ones that came to mind. McAllister, I forgot about, but he's still got promise. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

McAllister, Tyree Wilson, Whittaker has played there, so has Archie Brown, then there’s also the new lads in the U18s

But if he is better than them then the usual process is we loan a youngster in and loan our youngsters out to gain experience.

We loan from prem and loan out to league1 or 2

Highly rated at West Ham I think, got brilliant technical skill, but still a little raw with some of his all round play and final product- nothing that couldn’t be improved with coaching and game time mind. Given that’s pretty much what many loans would be like, it’s a yes from me. We need a winger imo too so it makes sense, good age out wide as well with plenty of pace. That said, it’s still quite early in the window and I still think if we hold off on the loans a little maybe better, more complete ones will become available.

Regardless, I’m not sure this is likely anyway, probably just one of many names on our list that we’ve looked at. I think we could beat boro or Blackburn, but if teams are interested from Germany and France then they’ll probably send him to the top flight and be right in doing so.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Imagine it's too soon for most you've mentioned if not all. A loan now would fit in to what has been said about not blocking them long term. 

To qualify. I know nowt of the up and comings in the academy.

I watched him at Burnley vs West Ham last year (missus family are Burnley fans...) Looked good on the ball and direct, by no  means the finished article but a lively player. 

That's based on 45 minutes of football though so take with a pinch of salt. 

Those of you who keep saying, we shouldnt loan players, and play our youth....dont you think if they were ready for that, then they will be in the squad? you cant just put these kids in from our academy, if they aren't ready. The club from Mel Morris, to Cocu are keen to use our youth, so they'll know if they are ready or not. Not you. Not me. 

Our crowd arent the most patient of fans, If we arent controlling the game in the first 20 mins, the crowd is onto every mistake, not the best situation for our under 18's to be in when they're trying to prove themselves. 

Also, imagine, Cocu is here to prove himself as a manager, he didnt have the best experience in his last role. There is massive pressure on his shoulders to do well, not just this season but overall. He can't afford to lose games just so our youth players get experience. 

38 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Those of you who keep saying, we shouldnt loan players, and play our youth....dont you think if they were ready for that, then they will be in the squad? you cant just put these kids in from our academy, if they aren't ready. The club from Mel Morris, to Cocu are keen to use our youth, so they'll know if they are ready or not. Not you. Not me. 

Our crowd arent the most patient of fans, If we arent controlling the game in the first 20 mins, the crowd is onto every mistake, not the best situation for our under 18's to be in when they're trying to prove themselves. 

Also, imagine, Cocu is here to prove himself as a manager, he didnt have the best experience in his last role. There is massive pressure on his shoulders to do well, not just this season but overall. He can't afford to lose games just so our youth players get experience. 

Spot on post! 

Especially the highlighted part 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived