Press Conference

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Look at the reaction it got. It was heavily ridiculed and pretty much had most of the forum united against it. It's disingenuous to use one person's opinion as one to claim our fans weren't behind Frank. Our fans were very patient with Frank.

I think you've misinterpreted my post. I remember the majority ridiculed that thread...in fact I posted on it praising those who gave it short shrift. In my last post, I said 'some fans' & unfortunately they tend to be vocal (wasnt just one fan, I had a number of arguments on here with a couple of them). Like I said, had we not made the playoffs I think there'd have been a lot more discord irrespective of overall progress. That was my point.

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Seen someone say radio Derby interview with Cocu say could be signing announced in a few days?

Some signings may follow Dowell "in the next couple of days" and "Hopefully, in the next week we can make some announcements"

Cocu on transfers: "Maybe a few in the next couple of days...we try to get the team as fast as possible complete because they have to get to know each-other and they have to work together."

Chris Coles: "loans probably?"

Cocu: "Most of them will be loans. We have had some meetings and hopefully if things work out, in the next week we will have some announcements." 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Cocu on transfers: "Maybe a few in the next couple of days...we try to get the team as fast as possible complete because they have to get to know each-other and they have to work together."

Cocu: "Most of them will be loans. We have had some meetings and hopefully if things work out, in the next week we will have some announcements." 

Link.?

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Classic rinse and repeat type conference you will hear a hundred times a season from every club with a new owner coach or player. I suppose its a rite of passage every new manager has to go through.

I am very pleased with Cocu's appointment, but exactly my thoughts... no manager/owner is really gonna say anything else/show any aprehension, etc.

Twan seems mega excited to be at Derby County. The Coaching staff know each other very well.  Philip Cocu seems to know exactly what is needed. He has realistic goals and has managed expectations really well. Give these people time and we will be really successful as a Club. We just need to resist struggling Premiership clubs trying to poach the staff. I should imagine that the compensation package is set very high indeed. these people are here to build over a few years. two things to look out for are the quality of the permanent signings and to see if by Xmas there is real evidence of improvement in individual players. Cocu has done it all at a higher level than where we are at the moment, How many previous managers have we had where our manager has won titles in higher domestic leagues than ours at both playing and managerial level? Looks a startlingly brilliant appointment at present. He needs two years to build his team.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

That keeper from Watford and a CB? 

Archived