Press Conference

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Rob ducking Dorsett ?

"Mel, there was a bit of doom and gloom around here; after losing the playoff final and then of course with Frank moving on. But with the caliber of the manager sitting next to you, there seems to be a real positive feeling around the fans. Do you think they're right to feel positive?"

What's he going to say? "No Rob, we're ducking ducked mate."

Dorsett is a total knob.  Always has been, always will be.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Rob ducking Dorsett ?

"Mel, there was a bit of doom and gloom around here; after losing the playoff final and then of course with Frank moving on. But with the caliber of the manager sitting next to you, there seems to be a real positive feeling around the fans. Do you think they're right to feel positive?"

What's he going to say? "No Rob, we're ducking ducked mate."

Surprised he didn't tell Mel to take 48 hours to answer it...

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There has to be something wrong with you as a fan not to feel positive in July.

Seriously, just because Bamford like Rob Dorset can't think of Derby County beyond Frank Lampard doesn't mean anyone connected feels that way.

Tell that to Bolton fans

Cuco oozes class and experience. Here's hoping the faithful give him the time to build what could be a very exciting team in the next few seasons. Expectations for next season need to realistic, can't wait for the season to start and see how this starts to develop. Top 6 finish will be a good season for us again, if we fall short it's not the end of the world.

Mel has played a blinder. Great appointment, great backroom team as well. Let the development begin.....scheeexxy football!

.....and to echo most on here..... yes, Rob Dorsett is a twonk!

Just now, philc130 said:

I hope we all give these guys time. i think potentially they could build something sustainable and successful given it  

Totally agree, our youth teams dominated last season and the thinking seems to be to build a team from the strongest young players. This for me is far more exciting than spending big on a number of new players.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

No reason we wouldn't - we have done to the last two, they outed themselves.......?

I think he meant the fans (or some fans) rather than Mel

Rowett was very unpopular with a significant section of the fanbase in his last 3-4 months & I'd guess that may have influenced his decision to jump ship. Morris to his credit stuck with him even after the horror shows at Burton & Sunderland. Lampard was clearly more popular but I still remember the 'Sack Frank' thread around March time & had we not made the playoffs, I can think of a fair few posters on here who would have been agitating for his removal. No doubt they'll be showing the same impatience if Cocu doesn't start well/finish us top 6 minimum.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

but I still remember the 'Sack Frank' thread around March time

Look at the reaction it got. It was heavily ridiculed and pretty much had most of the forum united against it. It's disingenuous to use one person's opinion as one to claim our fans weren't behind Frank. Our fans were very patient with Frank.

Archived