Daniel Bachmann

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

Soon be into overdrive

Cocu knows what he is doing and have we ever had a more united staff. Twan impressed by the level of professionalism at the Club. The Academy work has given the new management a four year start on developing the Club. Mel's comments on the trend of young player transfer fees rocketing is so true. Hats off to Van der Wassall and his staff. 

I know a Watford fan really well and mentioned this one to him the other day.

Said he's very very highly rated at Watford and they see him as their future number one.

His only problem is last season he had Ben Foster ahead of him (Who was probably England's best goalkeeper last season). Normally he would have been number 2 and Gomes number 3. 

But in the interest of him, at the time, being only 23. That it was best he went out to play games. 

He's done that and the plan was for him to come back and challenge Ben Foster (Gomes announced his retirement) but now Gomes is staying for a year they have the scope to loan him out again to a better level.

If he comes here on loan for a season. By the time he goes back to Watford, Ben Foster will be 37 and not far off finishing his career.

They see him as a future number one for them. 

No brainer for me this. 

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

To buy maybe, but we have 2 good keepers so a loan would not make sense 

It would if he's significantly better than the 2 keepers we have.

Would you take De Gea on loan given the chance?

Just now, Carnero said:

It would if he's significantly better than the 2 keepers we have.

Would you take De Gea on loan given the chance?

Yes I would but he is not De Gea. I would also take Messi over Wilson and Mount. We can play 3 loans (i think) so I think we should use them where we need them . Of course just my point of view and the best bit of this forum we can also have our own opinions  

7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

To buy maybe, but we have 2 good keepers so a loan would not make sense 

We don't have 2 good goalkeepers. We've got one average goalkeeper (Roos) and a very young one on Mitchell who is nowhere near ready for first team football yet. 

Like Mel said yesterday. We won't block any youngsters path in coming through. So if we have a youngster who we feel may be ready for the first team in a year or 2 we won't sign someone permanently as that could potentially block the youngsters path. 

Maybe they feel Mitchell has a lot of potential but not ready yet. A decent loan move to a league one side could work for him. See how good he is.

Then next season get him back and see if he's ready.

Roos isn't good enough to be number one at this level in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We don't have 2 good goalkeepers. We've got one average goalkeeper (Roos) and a very young one on Mitchell who is nowhere near ready for first team football yet. 

Like Mel said yesterday. We won't block any youngsters path in coming through. So if we have a youngster who we feel may be ready for the first team in a year or 2 we won't sign someone permanently as that could potentially block the youngsters path. 

Maybe they feel Mitchell has a lot of potential but not ready yet. A decent loan move to a league one side could work for him. See how good he is.

Then next season get him back and see if he's ready.

Roos isn't good enough to be number one at this level in my opinion.

Has Carson gone ? 

16 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Has Carson gone ? 

Not yet.

But he's not played a game in pre season yet and it looks likely he'll miss the next 2. So with that in mind it's highly unlikely he'll be in goal first game of the season.

Plus with a year left of his contract and the fact that he didn't play last half of the season. I'd be amazed if he's here next season.

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Yes I would but he is not De Gea. I would also take Messi over Wilson and Mount. We can play 3 loans (i think) so I think we should use them where we need them . Of course just my point of view and the best bit of this forum we can also have our own opinions  

Don't dismiss the opportunity to loan a top keeper.........think back to How many points Shilton saved us a season (And Florest though I hate to admit that) if we have chance to do this it's a no brainer IMHO .

Archived