2 weeks 3 days

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Sometimes yes, but not always. Clough has kinda started the foundations for the mcclaren style of play previously, just lacked the bottle to fully implement it imo. Perhaps if cocu is similar to Lampard something similar will happen this time. But that’s not the norm imo. When Rowett took over from Mac2 It did take a while I’m fairly sure to get going, convinced in his full season we didn’t have the best of starts, it took until November for us to really get going. It’s also not just style of play, it’s tactics I’m more worried about as I think cocus style will be similar to Lampards, but his tactically set up is another thing entirely that could be different and take some adjusting to. I think it’s highly likely atm that with the disrupted pre season our team won’t have had the time to fully be able to implement cocus tactics by the first match imo.

Mainly because Rowett's useless? (£2 million ..... still can't get my head round it)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Mainly because Rowett's useless? (£2 million ..... still can't get my head round it)

Harsh to say he was useless, he did a decent job on limited funds... just a bit of a prize rick who played bank football. That said, how stoke decided he was good enough to pay 2 mil for I’m not sure

19 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

Similarly I cant remember seeing our team struggle to adapt to a solid style of play under Rowett

How can you not adapt to “kick it as hard long and high as you can” 

Archived