So what do we expect this season

Curtains

18 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why would new investors make any difference? FFP is the limiting factor - not the amount of money we have.

Ps. With the stadium 'transaction' ffp is not the limiting factor right now it is a pure cash issue.  

Until the investor deal is done there is not a lot in the piggy bank to use lol.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ramleicester said:

Well if the club runs out of cash then it goes into administration which is not good! The way cash has been burnt the last 24 months that is a real possibility.

I'm sorry - Where does your information come from?

Uncle Mel as recently as June was complaining that FFP won't let him put any more money in - I don't understand how you think we're running short on cash? I also don't understand how you think the business runs on cash? It's 2019...

Also if the stadium deal falls foul of the Midlesborough inspired investigation then new investors could be important in resolving that. Big part of ffp is the interpretation of 'financial stability' which would also look better with new investors.

It won't - A number of other clubs in the league have done it too (Sheff Weds being the most public one) - The EFL have already rejected Gibson's claims that it breached any rules and he was talking about pursuing a legal case against us - So far nothing has been lodged and I don't think he'll bother with other clubs having done the same (and there being no legal basis for such a challenge)  

43 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Uncle Mel as recently as June was complaining that FFP won't let him put any more money in - I don't understand how you think we're running short on cash? I also don't understand how you think the business runs on cash? It's 2019...

It won't - A number of other clubs in the league have done it too (Sheff Weds being the most public one) - The EFL have already rejected Gibson's claims that it breached any rules and he was talking about pursuing a legal case against us - So far nothing has been lodged and I don't think he'll bother with other clubs having done the same (and there being no legal basis for such a challenge)  

OMG. Do you really think I meant pound coins! Cash in my world means what is in the Bank accounts and available credit to the club. I Iook at sports law and investment for a living.

Sorry but if you cant make intelligent comments best you keep quiet. You do not have a clue. DCFC is being run very well and whilst what is happening at the minute is frustrating it will, in fact, turn out well in my opinion.

Don't be too presumptious about the stadium thing, these things can be very slow burners. Ask Birmingham. Very sensible to derisk things through investors. 

Yes Mel cant invest as it will not count as an income stream so does not count to ease FFP. He alone has ran out of options.

Fresh investors create an opportunity to create an income stream not through capital investment but through sponsorship and marketing deals that count as revenue. Just like buying pies at the stadium. That goes towards profit which equalls FFP happiness.

Man City have a massive marketing and sponsorship deal with Etihad. It is more than sky income and season tickets put together and it is pure income on their accounts.

That is why it is important, that and an investor that can top the bank account up. Then we can go shopping. If the credit card is maxed out the Mrs cant go and buy a new handback.

Get it now?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Oh and as far as a legal basis for a claim you are right. It is not legal though it is pure football politics.

Gibson has done what he has done purely to put the whole issue on the table and in the papers.

FFP is all about financial viability. Yes it has the hard profit and loss figures but it is all about proving to a panel that the club is being run ok.

The potential issue is that DCFC have sold an asset and converted the gain on it to profit. Now that is cool, bit like selling your house to pay off the wifes credit cards then renting the house back.

That is great but you can only do it once and you have to take the credit cards off her lol or find a rich uncle.

We are at the find a rich uncle stage whilst the spending power has been 'put on hold'.

Gibson wants to create a political climate that means his rival clubs will be scrutinised more than they would have been if he had kept his gob shut. It means DCFC will need to prove that all is now well on an ongoing basis in a bit more detail than they might have done.

No he does not have a legal case but he will of made things a bit awkward.

17 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Oh and as far as a legal basis for a claim you are right. It is not legal though it is pure football politics.

Gibson has done what he has done purely to put the whole issue on the table and in the papers.

FFP is all about financial viability. Yes it has the hard profit and loss figures but it is all about proving to a panel that the club is being run ok.

The potential issue is that DCFC have sold an asset and converted the gain on it to profit. Now that is cool, bit like selling your house to pay off the wifes credit cards then renting the house back.

That is great but you can only do it once and you have to take the credit cards off her lol or find a rich uncle.

We are at the find a rich uncle stage whilst the spending power has been 'put on hold'.

Gibson wants to create a political climate that means his rival clubs will be scrutinised more than they would have been if he had kept his gob shut. It means DCFC will need to prove that all is now well on an ongoing basis in a bit more detail than they might have done.

No he does not have a legal case but he will of made things a bit awkward.

Hi Ramleicester, I find your posts informative, you clearly know what you are talking about.

I had a hunch with regards the investment, not sure if this was right or even if you would know?

I had a feeling investment was close, but the new potential party was interested partly because of Frank Lampard, who then left...Morris told the new potential investors he would find someone of equal if not greater stature and hired Cocu (promising him money once the deal went through).  The new investors were put off once Frank left and Cocu wasn't enough for them to continue and now we are left with a Champions League class manager without the funds to back him.

Hopefully that isn't he situation but that's my reasoning for lack of spending this year.

50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I had a feeling investment was close, but the new potential party was interested partly because of Frank Lampard, who then left...Morris told the new potential investors he would find someone of equal if not greater stature and hired Cocu (promising him money once the deal went through).  The new investors were put off once Frank left and Cocu wasn't enough for them to continue and now we are left with a Champions League class manager without the funds to back him.

Shouldn't be long before Cocu quits then based on that fairy tale #Jackanory

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Shouldn't be long before Cocu quits then based on that fairy tale #Jackanory

I did quite clearly state that it was a theory I had based on a very quiet transfer window, I was asking someone on here who tends to be quite knowledgeable with Mel, finances and possible investment, if my hunch had any basis of truth, which I expect him to say no.

OMG. Do you really think I meant pound coins! Cash in my world means what is in the Bank accounts and available credit to the club. I Iook at sports law and investment for a living.

Sorry but if you cant make intelligent comments best you keep quiet. You do not have a clue. DCFC is being run very well and whilst what is happening at the minute is frustrating it will, in fact, turn out well in my opinion.

Don't be too presumptious about the stadium thing, these things can be very slow burners. Ask Birmingham. Very sensible to derisk things through investors. 

Yes Mel cant invest as it will not count as an income stream so does not count to ease FFP. He alone has ran out of options.

Fresh investors create an opportunity to create an income stream not through capital investment but through sponsorship and marketing deals that count as revenue. Just like buying pies at the stadium. That goes towards profit which equalls FFP happiness.

Man City have a massive marketing and sponsorship deal with Etihad. It is more than sky income and season tickets put together and it is pure income on their accounts.

That is why it is important, that and an investor that can top the bank account up. Then we can go shopping. If the credit card is maxed out the Mrs cant go and buy a new handback.

Get it now?

Why would any investor put money into the club through sponsorship and marketing deals if it gives them no stake in the ownership?

4 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

Well if the club runs out of cash then it goes into administration which is not good! The way cash has been burnt the last 24 months that is a real possibility.

Go on, I will challenge you on this point.

Do you have any information on whether the cash for the sale of the ground was transferred into the club or not?

What leads you to the conclusion that there is a real possibility we will run out of cash and how is this reflected in the going concern note in the accounts?

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Why would any investor put money into the club through sponsorship and marketing deals if it gives them no stake in the ownership?

It is both. Investors such as Mansour at Man City not only take a share and cash inject with a share of ownership but can create the deals and sponsorship through their connections and contacts.

Same at Leicester. Combination of buying the club and also developing income streams. Add in the ego and tax perks and it is what really turns these guys on lol.

After all none of the big owners do it to make money!

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can't call it a farce as there's nothing that's happened which you could call farcical.

Get with the agenda...

First it was farcical that GSE would only spend 'Barker type fees'

Then it was farcical that Mel was blowing loads of money.

Now its farcical that we have not blown loads of money.

5 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

Ps. With the stadium 'transaction' ffp is not the limiting factor right now it is a pure cash issue.  

Until the investor deal is done there is not a lot in the piggy bank to use lol.

FFP is an issue.  Stadium sale in 17/18 turned a 25mn loss into a 14mn profit.

18/19 loss likely around 25mn (similar wage bill and flat transfer spend).

At end 2021, we'll be assessed on accounts for 20/21, 19/20 and 18/19

As 18/19 likely a 25mn loss and we can only lose 39mn over 3 years, that means we can lose 14mn in 19/20 and 20/21 combined. 

Even with all the players we've released I think we'll struggle to bring losses down to 7mn a year (that's a decrease of 18mn a year) even if we signed nobody. In fact Mel suggested the players going would add up to 10mn off the wage bill

Not only do we have little to spend, we'll likely need to sell Bogle and/or Marriott in coming couple of years I suspect.

The transition will be more than one year...

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Get with the agenda...

First it was farcical that GSE would only spend 'Barker type fees'

Then it was farcical that Mel was blowing loads of money.

Now its farcical that we have not blown loads of money.

Not expecting millions and millions, just lack of cover at CB, and not replacing wilson is alarming 

This squad just isnt competitive enough for top 6. Its worse than last seasons. Why people dont see that is beyond me. BUT we have a better manager than lampard, a more committed one, who wont go running to the first offer he gets from the premierleague.

I think Im being reasonable with my expectations, e.g dowell for mount I accept. Sure he isnt as good as mount, but you cant really expect to get another loan as great as mount. Reasonable replacement.

But to start with bennett and Flo-Jo is very very alarming in my opinion, They are great sub players, would hate to lose them, but if anyone things we can finish in top 6 with them starting the bulk of our games, they are deluded

Archived