So what do we expect this season

Curtains

50 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The only thing that is known is that you’ll be starting threads where you answer questions with questions and the thread goes round in a vicious circle

Bit like your dancing to Northern Soul lol. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

I'm expecting the price of pies to go up and the journey to PP to be made more difficult by the A52 roadworks.

as for the footie I have no idea as to results etc but I expect I will have some good days out ?

Only "more difficult"?  Not "Nigh on impossible"?

Wow, with optimism like that, I'd expect you to have us down to do the league and cup double!  

i'm an eternal optimist, so am expecting a good season.  Cocu will get some key positions filled, using his football connections to make some quality, surprising signings even.  He likes possession football but with emphasis on good movement off the ball, which is good to hear, but i still think to succeed in this division a team needs to be proficient in more than one style of play.  Cocu describes himself as analytical, so he will likely learn quickly about the realities of the league.  For me the most important quality for a manager to have is strength in tactics and from what i gather that is one of Cocu's main attributes.  With the right player additions i can see us reach top six this season.  Excited to find out which of our promising youth players will make the step up into the main squad.

10 hours ago, Curtains said:

I assume Davis and Keogh is the defensive pairing but just how Curtis is going to be after injury is up for debate .

At a push Forsyth could play CB when fit. 

Sneaky suspicion Evans will play with Keogh

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

Bit like your dancing to Northern Soul lol. 

Trance and House my friend..... I’m not as old as some on here

Predicting our league position is nigh on impossible, but I would settle for mid-table. Yes, I know we are supposed to say "Top 6" or "top 2", but in reality we have had our season wrecked by Chelsea looking after themselves at everyone else's expense. Frank's face after the Wembley defeat said that his mind was already made up, but was ruing the loss of the fantastic interaction with the Derby fans - he won't be getting that at Chelsea from their fans. But to then clear off on his hols and keep us dangling on a bit of string for 2 weeks, and then take another two and a half weeks to actually announce the move was pretty poor in my opinion.

It seems that Mel had been on the lookout for a new manager, because Cocu was announced pretty quickly after Frank had gone, but we seemingly couldn't do any of that for the players we need to sign. And rather go with Frank's recommendations, Cocu wants to assess the players for himself, so here we are some 7 weeks or so behind in transfer activity. Under Billy Davies, although there wasn't a transfer window or deadline, it only took two weeks to screw our transfer dealings, so how much has this delay affected us?

As such I reckon our season was screwed before the players left the beach on their respective holidays, so anything more than mid-table will be a huge bonus. That doesn't mean that we won't finish higher up, but we really are starting on the back foot. And despite there being disappointments along the way, I, for one, will not be moaning at the team or the management because none of them are responsible for the predicament we are in. I will be yelling the lads on as ever, and more than likely yelling at the match officials again! All I am looking for is a gradually improving standard of football, a "can do" approach.

The players and the management have my full, and at this point in time, my unconditional support. 

Will always expect Derby to position themselves for playoff push.  By that, I mean they will have assessed the team and brought in who they believe is needed to help get them to that level. 

If Derby fall out of top six at the end of some season, something wrong has occurred(injuries, multiple player flops, etc.). 

To get top two in the championship...luck is needed. Usually in the form of fewer injuries (or team has adequate cover), multiple players having either a stand out season or youth blossoming at the right time. 

Derby will push for top six...fortune willing...top two.  

coyr

*I realize it’s not only good fortune that gets a top two finish...but it definitely plays a part. 

I think we'll finish top two

As much as i hate them a top class manager like Bielsa took a mid table average side to 3rd in the league 

We have a top class manager in cocu & our side under lampard last season should have done better over the 46 games. The end of the season masked over some pretty poor results

In Cocu we trust ?

Last few seasons have seen a steady start, in contention after a good Oct-Dec, then play off push after Feb choke. 

Think this season will be different, we might lose a few games at the start but then slow and steady climb as Cocu gets used to the Division.

Remember, Sheff Utd lost their first two games last season

Lots of posts about out squad not been good enough.

We've lost the 3 loanees from last season plus Bradley Johnson.

I would hope that Shinnie and the Everton kid are sufficient replacements for Bradley and post-Xmas Wilson when the long range strikes dried up. (He was so poor in playoff final too btw)

Tomori will be a miss, but we have the vastly experienced Davies still here with the potential of Evans and his superior play on the ball. Not a huge negative.

Mount is the key miss and we struggled without him last season. I have hopes the Holmes can slot in though and possible get more involved than sometimes Mount did.

On the plus side, we have Bogle with a seasons experience under his belt. Lowe coming back to do a Bogle. Lots of exciting kids looking to break through. Martin back on the scene and maybe even Thorne.

I think our squad is currently the same as last season and I don't think we all thought Lampard massively over achieved getting us to 6th again.

Sith Happens
15 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not true. From what I remember, Davies started the opening game against Reading and got injured before/during the next league game against Leeds. Out for the season.

And why Rylan??

Now look you broke Rylan.

Must be me but i didn't find it in the least bit odd that curtains had Rylan as his avatar.

Sith Happens

Tough question.

I guess we need to know who will drive George Thornes car home now Bradley Johnson has left.

I expect to go to every home game, 4-6 away games, have a few pints before every game in the merlin, enjoy the odd bounce here and there, enjoy winning more games than we lose, expect to finish above the red dogs,  also expect to see some good football, and I expect I will be behind my. Team in a positive way all season, I expect a season of ups and downs, and would love to go back to Wembley and win this time round.

Don't know what loanees are returning yet from last season

Don't know what new loanees we might get in to replace them if they don't return 

Don't know what the playing staff will be at the start of the season full stop

Don't know how Cocu will fair given that he's never managed in the Championship before 

You tell me then 

Archived