So what do we expect this season

Curtains

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always exciting this time of year. The rollercoaster ride is just about to start. Confident we are in safe hands with PC and the staff, more so than the experiment we had last year.

I wasn't panicking over signings, he's already started to add what looks like quality to the ranks, and freshen the squad.

As a club we have to target promotion, that's go to be a motivation for players. We are not going to attract quality players to the club to just make up the numbers in the league.

Fully behind PC, I don't expect a bump free ride. I look forward to seeing progress, development, identify and good football...... Let the fun begin!

I won't be crying after 10 games if it's a tough start as the team beds down. I believe PC given time will have us playing some of the best football we've seen in years. COYR!

7 hours ago, papa_lazarou said:

Always exciting this time of year. The rollercoaster ride is just about to start. Confident we are in safe hands with PC and the staff, more so than the experiment we had last year.

I wasn't panicking over signings, he's already started to add what looks like quality to the ranks, and freshen the squad.

As a club we have to target promotion, that's go to be a motivation for players. We are not going to attract quality players to the club to just make up the numbers in the league.

Fully behind PC, I don't expect a bump free ride. I look forward to seeing progress, development, identify and good football...... Let the fun begin!

I won't be crying after 10 games if it's a tough start as the team beds down. I believe PC given time will have us playing some of the best football we've seen in years. COYR!

Agree, I’m always a glass half full guy when it comes to DCFC and was fully on board with the FLDCFC train, perhaps too much so, as I was disappointed how it played out in the end and with hindsight felt I got caught up in the euphoria. This time around it feels somewhat different and rather than the massive hype like this time last year this time I like what I see in regards of the cool, calm & calculated way PC is going about his business. Very proficient, very studious and smacks of him having a plan both short term & long term. I look upon him as ‘the professor’ not too down when things don’t quite go right but not too euphoric when they do. I’m hoping that this time we have someone here for the long term, with a plan for the short, medium & long term and someone who is given, and is willing, to stick around for a long enough period of time to put each plan into action. COYR. 

8 hours ago, TomG said:

After watching Sky Sports News for most of the morning and listening to the second rate 'pundits', apart from mentioning the Matt Clarke signing, Derby seem to be moving under the radar at the moment,

Is that what you fill your day with now Jeremy Kyle has been axed

17 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Agree, I’m always a glass half full guy when it comes to DCFC and was fully on board with the FLDCFC train, perhaps too much so, as I was disappointed how it played out in the end and with hindsight felt I got caught up in the euphoria. This time around it feels somewhat different and rather than the massive hype like this time last year this time I like what I see in regards of the cool, calm & calculated way PC is going about his business. Very proficient, very studious and smacks of him having a plan both short term & long term. I look upon him as ‘the professor’ not too down when things don’t quite go right but not too euphoric when they do. I’m hoping that this time we have someone here for the long term, with a plan for the short, medium & long term and someone who is given, and is willing, to stick around for a long enough period of time to put each plan into action. COYR. 

This is exactly how I feel. 

The biggest downfall the team had last season was conceding early goals in games, we did manage to get the luck of the green on a number of occasions and fight back to win, but against the poor teams in the league, it cost us dearly. Cocu's bought in 2 players that I think solves 2 issues. One is defending set pieces, Clarke and Bielik add valuable height. Clarke in particular seemed to win nearly all his headers at Portsmouth. Tomori was excellent when teams tried to play through our defence, in the air he was suspect.

If Bielik is as good as many fans think he is, he will be our best signing of the summer. How many times did teams plough through our midfield at will last season? He looks the perfect fit to screen the back four and stop the play 30 yards from our goal. We've been missing that since Thorne had his injury issues. Johnson tried his best last season, but was never a permanent solution.

I think Waghorn and/or Marriott will bag 20 goals this season, Waghorn's looked excellent. Expecting Kelle Roos to become the solid number one, even if I believe he's not a great all round goalkeeper. Cocu looks happy to start him, I trust the manager. Still feel the squad needs another attacking midfielder, unless Sibley can step up to the mark. If Dowell was injured for a couple of months, we don't have a spark in midfield to drive the ball forward. However, Sibley did impress me against Girona. A big opportunity awaits for him if we pick up a couple of injuries.

Challenge the top 6, play exciting football. That's all I want every season. I don't watch football for results, I want to be entertained and be proud of the team trying to play in the right way, not no hope hoofing. There's a big difference between direct and hoofing it aimless to the centre forward. PSV looked fantastic under Cocu's leadership so I can't wait to see what the future holds for the team with Phil at the reigns.

In the simplest of terms, play attractive football, win more than we lose, score a surfeit of goals and have a decent tilt at a prize.

I just can’t get a feel of how it’s going to play out. Everything feels right, some key signings, all young and bursting with energy. Kids from the academy moving up a stage. A manager who seems to share a similar outlook to Frank in terms of positivity. It’s all good

i just want to see it happen but until the actors are on the stage you are never sure that they have learned the script I just don’t know. 

Cant wait for the first half dozen games so we can see if it’s going to happen COYR

Very hard league to predict because it seems to get increasingly even. 

Despite the fact that he gave the ball away a lot, i think we will miss harry wilson's drive, and mason mount in midfield. Waiting to see what further signings we make but i'm not sure that the two we've made will improve us that much. We need more players who will score goals and bring that buzz. 

luke thomas did exactly that yesterday for barnsley, (and wilks also looked good in the brief highlights).

I still see us outgunned for the play offs, 8th -11th  but still hoping for top 6

Archived