So what do we expect this season

Curtains

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Go on, I will challenge you on this point.

Do you have any information on whether the cash for the sale of the ground was transferred into the club or not?

What leads you to the conclusion that there is a real possibility we will run out of cash and how is this reflected in the going concern note in the accounts?

Those accounts are year ended June 2018 so that statement is true as it covers the 12 months to June 2019.

Of course the cash went across. It is a property sale which is a contract that has to have a movement of funds. Mel even withdrew himself from being a person of significant control of dcfc in May (see companies house info)......to avoid tax confusion (a guess but it fits).

The rate of loss if you back out the stadium deal, projected forward to now could have no other conclusion than that at this stage cash reserves in the business are low. Any cash from the stadium deal would have been spent on the underlying operating losses June 2018 to July 2019.

As I have said time and again the management of the business to keep giving the club the best chance of success year on year has been truly amazing. Lucky to have Mel.

From what I understand the investment deal is very close. 7 days?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ramleicester said:

Those accounts are year ended June 2018 so that statement is true as it covers the 12 months to June 2019.

The statement actually says it covers until June 2020.

Of course the cash went across. It is a property sale which is a contract that has to have a movement of funds. Mel even withdrew himself from being a person of significant control of dcfc in May (see companies house info)......to avoid tax confusion (a guess but it fits).

The cash had not gone across at 30 June 2018, it was reflected as an increase in inter-company loans.

The rate of loss if you back out the stadium deal, projected forward to now could have no other conclusion than that at this stage cash reserves in the business are low. Any cash from the stadium deal would have been spent on the underlying operating losses June 2018 to July 2019.

I'd estimate our operating losses were running at circa £25m a year. Our income last year will have been maybe somewhere between £5m and £10m higher than the previous year. The cash from the stadium sale was £80m from memory. How have you concluded that the cash has been transferred and we are close to running out of money? There is nothing to stop MM putting unlimited funds into the company, it just wont count for FFP purposes.

As I have said time and again the management of the business to keep giving the club the best chance of success year on year has been truly amazing. Lucky to have Mel.

Agreed.

From what I understand the investment deal is very close. 7 days?

As others have said, it is not investment that we need or are short of.

8 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

One loan signing after losing, wilson, tomori, mount and johnson is a disgrace

Strong words. If the Premiership teams haven't finalised their squads yet how can they know which players will be surplus and available to loan out?

7 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Not the case.  Stadium sale in 17/18 turned a 25mn loss into a 14mn profit.

18/19 loss likely around 25mn (similar wage bill and flat transfer spend).

At end 2021, we'll be assessed on accounts for 20/21, 19/20 and 18/19

As 18/19 likely a 25mn loss and we can only lose 39mn over 3 years, that means we can lose 14mn in 19/20 and 20/21 combined. 

Even with all the players we've released I think we'll struggle to bring losses down to 7mn a year (that's a decrease of 18mn a year) even if we signed nobody. In fact Mel suggested the players going would add up to 10mn off the wage bill

Not only do we have little to spend, we'll likely need to sell Bogle and/or Marriott in coming couple of years I suspect.

The transition will be more than one year...

Hi yes I see the logic. Right now ffp is a ticking time bomb which is why the new income / profit streams are vital. Oh and promotion would be handy! 

A new investor is going to have to be rich, brave, imaginative and slightly nuts. However in my experience that is exactly how they are. If you look too far ahead noone would buy a football club.

I'm expecting us to finish somewhere between 6th and 10th. But this season is about more than just a league finish.

THIS is the transition season we've been talking about. So many players who have been hanging onto this team have now gone, and it looks like we're finally going to see a number of the promising young talent in our academy finally get a chance, following in the lone footsteps of Bogle last season.

This is the season that we have to allow our club the time to embed a style; an ethic; an ethos. To set an example to the young players at our club that this club will give you a chance. That we will try and play football the right way. And that we will give our manager time.

I'm massively excited to see where Cocu and the Dutch revolution takes us. I'm hoping for something similar to Farke and Norwich, or Wagner at Huddersfield (both of which didn't pull up any trees in their first season). My biggest hope is that the fans are patient and understanding and see past the points at the end of the game and more to the bright, orange future.

UTR ?

16 minutes ago, Gritty said:

FFP is an issue.  Stadium sale in 17/18 turned a 25mn loss into a 14mn profit.

18/19 loss likely around 25mn (similar wage bill and flat transfer spend).

At end 2021, we'll be assessed on accounts for 20/21, 19/20 and 18/19

As 18/19 likely a 25mn loss and we can only lose 39mn over 3 years, that means we can lose 14mn in 19/20 and 20/21 combined. 

Even with all the players we've released I think we'll struggle to bring losses down to 7mn a year (that's a decrease of 18mn a year) even if we signed nobody. In fact Mel suggested the players going would add up to 10mn off the wage bill

Not only do we have little to spend, we'll likely need to sell Bogle and/or Marriott in coming couple of years I suspect.

The transition will be more than one year...

You're forgetting possibly £7m or £8m in managerial compensation.

A play off final appearance. 

Man United and Chelsea cup games.

I'd guess up to £5m a year shifted off the wage bill.

16 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Not expecting millions and millions, just lack of cover at CB, and not replacing wilson is alarming 

This squad just isnt competitive enough for top 6. Its worse than last seasons. Why people dont see that is beyond me. BUT we have a better manager than lampard, a more committed one, who wont go running to the first offer he gets from the premierleague.

I think Im being reasonable with my expectations, e.g dowell for mount I accept. Sure he isnt as good as mount, but you cant really expect to get another loan as great as mount. Reasonable replacement.

But to start with bennett and Flo-Jo is very very alarming in my opinion, They are great sub players, would hate to lose them, but if anyone things we can finish in top 6 with them starting the bulk of our games, they are deluded

People probably dont see it because the squad with a new manager and new players being blooded have only played 3 or 4 games together.

29 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

One loan signing after losing, wilson, tomori, mount and johnson is a disgrace

Sorry but that's crazy talk, incredibly unfair to Mel and the club.

Cocu will build something sustainable and exciting, hopefully with "ones of our own" but he, the players, Mel and everyone else associated with Derby County need more support than this.

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry but that's crazy talk, incredibly unfair to Mel and the club.

Cocu will build something sustainable and exciting, hopefully with "ones of our own" but he, the players, Mel and everyone else associated with Derby County need more support than this.

Agree, I trust cocu. But not replacing players we have lost is silly. Not only we havent strengthened from last seasons weaknesses, our squad has got weaker too

On 19/07/2019 at 10:42, David said:

When was the last predictable season?

Every season is an adventure into the unknown, will it be our year or won't it, will he be good enough or won't he.

All out of our control, we're just here for the ride.

The championship is never predictable, who fancied Norwich and Sheff Utd to take the automatic slots this time last year. I fancy Leeds, WBA, Cardiff to be in the promotion mix (so do the bookies) then expect at least 2 other surprise teams to be setting the pace and pinching a promotion slot. I expect a slow start from the Rams (due to Cocu trying to find his best 11 for certain games). Once he's got that sorted, I think we could be in the mix, lets just hope we don't have to play catch up after a slow start.

17 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Agree, I trust cocu. But not replacing players we have lost is silly. Not only we havent strengthened from last seasons weaknesses, our squad has got weaker too

Fair enough. I just thought it was a bit strong to call it a "disgrace". As others have said there's lots of reasons for it... Chelsea/Frank taking their time, possible investment, a short preseason, premier clubs leaving it late before releasing their loans....

Last year was labelled as a "transitional season" yet we made it all the way to the play off final. We say the same every year about taking time to build a team. It's a load of baalocks, you can't pick and choose when stuff happens in football, you've got to just do the best you can with what you have. There's no reason why we shouldn't be pushing up there again.

5 hours ago, plymouthram said:

The championship is never predictable, who fancied Norwich and Sheff Utd to take the automatic slots this time last year. I fancy Leeds, WBA, Cardiff to be in the promotion mix (so do the bookies) then expect at least 2 other surprise teams to be setting the pace and pinching a promotion slot. I expect a slow start from the Rams (due to Cocu trying to find his best 11 for certain games). Once he's got that sorted, I think we could be in the mix, lets just hope we don't have to play catch up after a slow start.

Thank you (one or two have mentioned also) for noticing Norwich City and Sheffield Utd were promoted automatically. Folk have the right to comment but that’s what they are, comments. This league always dishes up surprises. How many predicted those two to go up. And the divisions top striker was bought for how much? Well nothing, absolutely nothing. Just take a moment to digest that, he was lethal last season and good luck to him in the Prem, I think he’ll do well. 

Embrace the excitement of a new campaign, I’ve said that before. Otherwise why bother with football. Our first foreign manager, let’s be excited about his vision for our club, and wait to see who else he recruits. Interview at Ibrox clearly he has his sights on new blood. Hang fire, please just hang fire. 

Oh yeah the thread.....

I expect football on the deck, that’s easy on the eye, a few defeats but a footballing ethos we can embrace and enjoy. Dutch style suits me just fine. 

Strangely enough, I expect a period of transition and uncertainty as a new manager instils a new way of playing into a new set of players.

We don’t have a particularly strong squad at present but we do have enough good players to field a decent first eleven. As always, attitude and team spirit will be crucial to success. The harder the boys work for each other, the more successful they will be.

Archived