So what do we expect this season

Curtains

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Impossible to tell until we’ve seen what squad we’ve got at the start of the season, and importantly how that compares to the rest of the division.

I suggest we are a CB short to start with. 

Just now, Rampage said:

It's Curtains, I tell thee. Finish 5th is good enough for me. Playing increasingly better football and three more academy players in the team.

Off to Burton Saturday and looking forward to the challenge against Nigel’s team. 

Enjoyed watching Burton a couple of times last season. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I suggest we are a CB short to start with. 

CB is an absolute must signing and top priority for me, to be honest im disappointed we haven’t got one in this week, running out of time in pre season to integrate one into the side. With it such a vital position that’s important, playing players out of position there isn’t really helping us. There’s other positions that need sorting too, although those are less time pressed imo and we still have a while left in the window to sort them out.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

CB is an absolute must signing and top priority for me, to be honest im disappointed we haven’t got one in this week, running out of time in pre season to integrate one into the side. With it such a vital position that’s important, playing players out of position there isn’t really helping us. There’s other positions that need sorting too, although those are less time pressed imo and we still have a while left in the window to sort them out.

I assume Davis and Keogh is the defensive pairing but just how Curtis is going to be after injury is up for debate .

At a push Forsyth could play CB when fit. 

I expect to finish in the top ten.

I would prefer to finish in the top 6.

I hope to finish in the top 2.

Those feelings will not be changed, regardless of the players we bring in, or those we sell. Derby have not performed below my expectations since they bettered them in 2012.

When was the last predictable season?

Every season is an adventure into the unknown, will it be our year or won't it, will he be good enough or won't he.

All out of our control, we're just here for the ride.

Mid table at a guess at the minute.

I will say this though, I think we are in for a difficult few weeks, maybe into mid to late September. I can see us having to listen to Cocu asking for patience...we just need to hope the fans give him that.

He could be the greatest thing to happen to this club, but with such a difficult start to the season we all need to give him time.

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I assume Davis and Keogh is the defensive pairing but just how Curtis is going to be after injury is up for debate .

At a push Forsyth could play CB when fit. 

That will be the case at the minute, although Davies could yet be superseded by a new signing. Tbf it would’ve been that pairing if it wasn’t for Davies injury last season, and even with the injury I think Curtis has another year left in him at this level so it wouldn’t concern me too much. The lack of depth in any case does however. We have players who could cover there in Forsyth, Evans, Huddlestone and wisdom but that would be playing players out of position which you ideally don’t want to have to do for more than the end of a game in an emergency. You don’t want to be relying on those in the case of just one injury, particularly in a position as key as CB. We have to bring in at least one player at CB if Buchanan is deemed ready for championship level, and probably two if not.

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Off to Burton Saturday and looking forward to the challenge against Nigel’s team. 

Enjoyed watching Burton a couple of times last season. 

Burton have already beaten Sheff Utd. Banana skin. I bought the three match package on Ramstv. Starting eleven will be interesting. I could certainly not pick it. We need the likes of Zoon and Lawrence to turn in some very good performances. Score 1-1 probably. Three nil win would be nice. Late start to season could be problematical. Feels like we are playing catch up.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That will be the case at the minute, although Davies could yet be superseded by a new signing. Tbf it would’ve been that pairing if it wasn’t for Davies injury last season, and even with the injury I think Curtis has another year left in him at this level so it wouldn’t concern me too much. The lack of depth in any case does however. We have players who could cover there in Forsyth, Evans, Huddlestone and wisdom but that would be playing players out of position which you ideally don’t want to have to do for more than the end of a game in an emergency. You don’t want to be relying on those in the case of just one injury, particularly in a position as key as CB. We have to bring in at least one player at CB if Buchanan is deemed ready for championship level, and probably two if not.

Good post but seem to remember Davies couldn’t dislodge Tomori last season and when he got a game he had that bad Achilles injury straight away. 

Interesting season ahead. 

Archived