U23s v Sheffield Wednesday

David

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some indifferent defending in there 

I hope the big lad for us who lost the ball under his feet and then just gave up chasing back got a rocket up his ass in the dressing room 

fortunately they hit the post 

anyone can lose the ball but don’t just give up son 

29 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some indifferent defending in there 

I hope the big lad for us who lost the ball under his feet and then just gave up chasing back got a rocket up his ass in the dressing room 

fortunately they hit the post 

anyone can lose the ball but don’t just give up son 

Was it Trialist or his brother? It might have been Trialist, no relation.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

A couple of soft looking penalties.

Extremely!

no matter which team it is I do not like to see that - for it to be a penalty it should actually be a foul not the attacking player throwing themselves into the defender

I thought both the penalties he scored from were soft. The first one he sidestepped into the defender but I've seen given, the last penalty seems like it was just a dive (from the single angle we have).

Although the ref balanced things out by giving a GK for a stonewall penalty in between the two ? 

@Carl Sagan After the second penalty was scored, a shout of "great finish Joe" can be heard. That is as far as my investigation on his identity has progressed. 

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What was our fullback (?) no.2 doing for their first? 

Not impressed by the gangly no.9 too wifty by half and not a lot else. Who was the no.17? 

I'd need to rewatch the highlights,, but im guessing you mean Gordon, Trialist CF, and Dixon (scored the 2nd)

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd need to rewatch the highlights,, but im guessing you mean Gordon, Trialist CF, and Dixon (scored the 2nd)

Looked again and it is Gordon - he'll never make a fullback, thought he was a better winger/wide midfield.

I don't recognise Dixon, who he? Ta.

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Looked again and it is Gordon - he'll never make a fullback, thought he was a better winger/wide midfield.

I think this is where he'll end up as his weaknesses won't be as exposed (positioning, marking, tracking runs, etc...). Seemed to make a reasonable contribution when played on the wing for Swindon

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't recognise Dixon, who he? Ta.

He's a CM who played almost every game for the U18s last season. Chipped in with a few goals and assists.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What was our fullback (?) no.2 doing for their first? 

Not impressed by the gangly no.9 too wifty by half and not a lot else. Who was the no.17?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Dixon was 16. 17 may have been Greco

Archived