• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing at:

Barnes

Gordon Wassall Hunt Archie Brown

Babos Trialist Trialist

Shinibare Trialist Wilson

Anyone found out who the trialists are yet? Makes sense that a few of them are CMs due to how light the U23s are there (if Bird, Sibley and Knight make the step up).

Where's Cresswell (and McAllister)?

Why do teams put Trialists in the starting line-up as if Trialist is their surname? I really don't get it. The lineup doesn't even seem to be ordered by position ? 

Is it based on their shirt numbers?

Surely "Yates, Minkley, Dixon, Greco and two Trialists have come on at half-time." is the way to do it? ?

Should hope we can do the wendies in even though it’s only pre season given the quality of our youth team, should hav etok much for them. Lots of trialists in the lineup, surprising really as we have a fair number of u23s already, although there’s quite a few missing there who may be stepping up. Guess they’ll need replacing if so, in that case it makes sense to bring in some more new prospects, hopefully good quality ones. No names yet though as to who they are mind so who knows if they’re any good, or indeed what that lineup is?

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Why do teams put Trialists in the starting line-up as if Trialist is their surname? I really don't get it. The lineup doesn't even seem to be ordered by position ? 

Surely "Yates, Minkley, Dixon, Greco and two Trialists have come on at half-time." is the way to do it? ?

Alternative would be writing the list of players then plus x trialists at the end. Whilst it is based on shirt numbers, you have a rough idea of where these trialists could be playing, defence, midfield or forward. 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Normally, GK, RB, LB, DM, CB, CB, then a sort of free-for-all (typically RW, CM, CF, CM, LW I think)

1 minute ago, David said:

Alternative would be writing the list of players then plus x trialists at the end. Whilst it is based on shirt numbers, you have a rough idea of where these trialists could be playing, defence, midfield or forward. 

On balance, I prefer the alternative.

And obviously, the world should be how I want it.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Normally, GK, RB, LB, DM, CB, CB, then a sort of free-for-all (typically RW, CM, CF, CM, LW I think)

Yeah I concede there is some structure to the main Line-up, but why do it for the 6 players who come on at HT? They could literally be playing anywhere ? 

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

So is that trialist striker the one who linked up with the trialist winger? If so, seems like he has a bit about him. If not, has been very quiet until getting fouled.

Also, I wonder if he started the game or came on at HT ?

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So is that trialist the striker the one who linked up with the trialist winger? If so, seems like he has a bit about him. If not, has been very quiet until getting fouled.

Also, I wonder if he started the game or came on at HT ?

And is it the same trialist who scored a penalty against Wigan?

Archived