Roos

bogle   Keogh  evans.  Lowe

.                 Shinnie

.        Knight.    Sibley

Bennett

Marriott.  Martin 

Surely Dowell has to start? 

13 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Think Dowell should start, and why not play both Marriott and Martin, and have Waghorn to come on second half in place of Martin, we still have some good options in the squad like Bennett as well to come on and make a impact.

I’m struggling to see where dowell fits in a 433 though still... he really is a number 10 from what I’ve seen, too weak to play in the middle of the park, it’s why I was a bit iffy about his signing tbh. If we were lining up 4231 like we have done in second halves then I’d give him a whirl in behind the striker, but we seem to favour 433 from the start still. Ditto with Marriott and Martin together, that’s not really possible in a 433, needs a two striker formation, tho I agree they’ve played well together and if we lined up in such a formation I’d go with them from the start rather than Waghorn and one or the other. 

I think you’ll still see the whole team subbed off at some point and everyone in the squad get minutes as it’s still pre season and we need to get everyone fit, so I’m sure you’ll see Waghorn and Bennett at some point to make an impact off the bench. Now the training camps over mind I doubt it’ll be two teams swapping at half time, will be gradual subs in the second half I expect.

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I personally wouldn’t play Waghorn again until he improves. I mean he had that 45 minutes against Sarasota, and an interrupted first half against Bristol City, and he failed to score. What is the bloke doing turning up to pre-season looking so rusty. Stick him on the bench until he looks great again.

Be very surprised if Sibley gets minutes in front of Dowell, but would be quite happy to see them both play and Huddlestone take a seat on the bench.

Wasn’t really meant as a slight on Waghorn, just when a players impressing more in pre season then they perhaps deserve that chance from the start to show what they can do. Marriotts been better than Waghorn so far in pre season so deserves a shot imo, Waghorn will still get plenty of game time later in the game to make his mark. He’s still the first choice striker at the minute and I rate his play all round highly, but Marriott deserves a shot with the starting team for me.

I would be as well, but I’d be interested to see how he fares as I think he suits the 433 better and always looked impressive when I’ve seen him for the u23s- would be good to see if he can make the step up. I do expect dowell to start but I’m really not sure if him in a 433, he’d be better when (if) we switch to 4231 as the game progresses. Unless we start 4231 to surprise me in which case I’m talking balls as per. Think Huddlestones been one of our better players in pre season so should keep that CDM role, seems to suit the style this year more and I’d be surprised if he isn’t the starting man there across the season.

My team for the start of the game.

gk Roos

rb Bogle. CB Keogh. CB Davis. Lb Malone

.              Cm Dowell.     Cm Shinnie

.                             Am Lawrence

Rwf Bennett.                   Lwf Joseffzoon

.                               Cf Marriott.

Players to come on in the second half, Lowe, Evans, Sibley, Bird, Huddlestone, Martin, Waghorn.

For me that's not a bad 18. With players like Wisdom Holmes, Thorne, Carson and Forsthye to come back, although I do think that the injuries that Thorne and Forsythe have  had they will struggle to ever play for Derby again, hope I am wrong on this though because both players have been excellent for our great club.

Cocu has said that most starters today will get 75 mins, with the substitutes then given 75 mins on Thursday, so I fully expect 2 somewhat mix & match line ups in both games. Only the final friendly against Rangers will be an indicator of a potential starting XI for the season.

I'd imagine most of today's line up will be the same as the abandoned game v Brizzle as these players have had the least minutes, and even those were stop start.

37 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Looking forward to this , where’s the best pub to go for a cheeky pint before?

The beech just down the road, can not make this one, but will be there Thursday, are you going Thursday night, also thinking of going to Huddersfield away, are you up for that one mate.

23 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

The beech just down the road, can not make this one, but will be there Thursday, are you going Thursday night, also thinking of going to Huddersfield away, are you up for that one mate.

Oh yeah Thursday, no I’m away for that

10 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I’m on call that week and struggling to get cover for Swansea!! Only our birthdays 🙄

10 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I’m on call that week and struggling to get cover for Swansea!! Only our birthdays 🙄

That's a bit poo, oh well have a good day out today, and give me your match report, Up the Rams.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Used to be famous for the best pint of Pedi in Burton. 

Yeah, but what do they know about beer in Burton?