Nick Blackman - Signed for Maccabi Tel Aviv

RoyMac5

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

If his plan was to have a capital outlay of c£13m, and pay an annual wage outlay of say £3.5m x 3-4 years, and get very little in the way of any meaningful performance return, and then let them go for free at the end, that to me would seem to be testing the boundaries of the definition of genius just a little.

I keep making this point but I'll make it again

I personally feel our transfer dealings have been much better since we got rid of Rush and Uncle Mel took a more active role - I genuinely think when Rush was CEO he was being left to run the club how he thought best - I think Uncle Mel trusted him and shouldn't have - But I think the worst we can level at him is he trusted the wrong person

Pretty sure Butterfield and Johnson were Rush era signings and Blackman may well have been too?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's all spend some time thinking about Blackman's time with us, really burn it into our minds that he was our player for years. 

9 hours ago, David said:

Not Portuguese but they did pay £2.6m for Zach Clough who has since gone back to Bolton on loan and then Rochdale after playing 27 games for the club.

I rated him at Bolton too. Thought they'd done well.

On 15/07/2019 at 20:55, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Mel is a genius. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when Blackman, Johnson and Butterfield were on the retained list. Two of them are gone and the impact on FFP has been reduced thanks to the extensions. Only Butterfield left to go and Mel's plan has come off.

Yeah, well done Mel for selling the stadium to yourself so that the huge debts we’ve incurred don’t impact on us at present in terms of FFP.

On 15/07/2019 at 20:55, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Mel is a genius. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when Blackman, Johnson and Butterfield were on the retained list. Two of them are gone and the impact on FFP has been reduced thanks to the extensions. Only Butterfield left to go and Mel's plan has come off.

Interested to know how you think the FFP impact has been reduced?

Still saddens me this, gutted to see a player of Nicholas' caliber leave... Always gave 110% and was a serious passion merchant. By far one of the most memorable signings in the past 10 years... That goal against Cardiff was such a memorable one, the way he scored it, we knew he would be something special... 

His time at Derby was short and sweet, and its safe to say he will be remembered as a club legend...

Cheers Nick, for everything from taking the clubs money, to that average penalty you scored against Cardiff....

Once a ram....

31 minutes ago, Squid said:

Still saddens me this, gutted to see a player of Nicholas' caliber leave... Always gave 110% and was a serious passion merchant. By far one of the most memorable signings in the past 10 years... That goal against Cardiff was such a memorable one, the way he scored it, we knew he would be something special... 

His time at Derby was short and sweet, and its safe to say he will be remembered as a club legend...

Cheers Nick, for everything from taking the clubs money, to that average penalty you scored against Cardiff....

Once a ram....

Hopefully get him straight back on a season long loan

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interested to know how you think the FFP impact has been reduced?

I guess the point you are making is that ffp is assessed over three years, so how does it benefit in moving the ffp loss into another financial year?

If so, fair point.

we don't know what the benefit to the club was but presumably there must be some benefit or why else would they have done it? Also MM did mention at tne forum at the last forum that extending contracts was ffp related.

5 hours ago, Gritty said:

Move still not announced by Derby

Never release bad news on a slow news day ?

Just so some of the uproar is contained Mel is either waiting until we sign Tomori or the next Chelsea wonder kid on loan Orr perhaps even after we beat the mighty Rangers, just to cushion some of the posters on the thread from the upset.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I guess the point you are making is that ffp is assessed over three years, so how does it benefit in moving the ffp loss into another financial year?

If so, fair point.

we don't know what the benefit to the club was but presumably there must be some benefit or why else would they have done it? Also MM did mention at tne forum at the last forum that extending contracts was ffp related.

No, my point is that the players are valued at balance sheet date (30th June) and various factors will be taken into consideration, with potential resale value surely one of them.

Dont see how they can be valued at anything other than £0 on 30th June if less than 3 weeks later they have left on free transfers.

Just my take on it.

Archived