Nick Blackman - Signed for Maccabi Tel Aviv

RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Never fitted in here really and needed to go, glad we’ve finally got rid of him eventually, took a while mind. Not his fault but will go down as one of our bigger wastes of money. Awful signing with no real impact. Bit out the blue mind, no real rumours if him negotiating with them- proper weird announcement too. Bit of a surrender of your career going to that level as well. Least we won’t need to replace him?

Yep Sam rush properly shafted is on that one 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Shifting BJ, him, Bryson, Nugent, Cole, Olsson, Pearce and (fingers crossed) Butterfield should have freed up 100k a week in wages between them at least.

And the rest I'd have thought if the perennial rumours on here have any credence.

9 guys....some of our reputedly higher earners? Reckon you can double that!

Good luck to him. I always feel sorry for players that kind of get made out to be worse than they are. 

I don't think he's any good but he didn't do much wrong at Derby. Just not meant to be. It's not like he was costing us games. He just added nothing 

11 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Shifting BJ, him, Bryson, Nugent, Cole, Olsson, Pearce and (fingers crossed) Butterfield should have freed up 100k a week in wages between them at least.

Which is what we were overpaying based on what we generate

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Awful signing, never sign players on the back of one half season of decent football.

It was a very expensive and unnecessary signing of someone who was clearly not good enough but not his fault and good luck to him in the future.

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

He wouldn't even make my top 10 worst signings, especially since he was on loan too.

Esteban Fuertes for me - We may have made a sneaky profit on him but 1) he was supposed to be our exciting new CF and wasn't plus 2) I remember rumours that the league considered point reductions against us that season for fielding an ineligible player (and one who scored winner against Everton)

We signed a player who was billed as striker but always performed his best and scored the most goals throughout his career from wide right... where we already had Tom Ince. Was just a waste of a signing, and he never got a chance as a result.

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Never fitted in here really and needed to go, glad we’ve finally got rid of him eventually, took a while mind. Not his fault but will go down as one of our bigger wastes of money. Awful signing with no real impact. Bit out the blue mind, no real rumours if him negotiating with them- proper weird announcement too. Bit of a surrender of your career going to that level as well. Least we won’t need to replace him?

My guess is the media were more focused on the appointment of Cocu and the team out in the USA, and this just slipped under the radar.

Had it been one of the more prominent players i.e Butterfield or the likes, someone might have followed them and reported. Blackman leaving after his disaster here is hardly going to sell.

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Esteban Fuertes for me - We may have made a sneaky profit on him but 1) he was supposed to be our exciting new CF and wasn't plus 2) I remember rumours that the league considered point reductions against us that season for fielding an ineligible player (and one who scored winner against Everton)

Fuertes went on to a very long (think he was still playing at 40) and half-decent career. It wasn't our fault he (allegedly) had a dodgy passport.

I saw TBE and Fuertes meet at the Mickleover Court (by accident, I was ITK) and old Jim could see me rubber necking so came over and said 'shhhh!' and a wink. Feurtes could not have looked more Argy in his double (bleached) denim, very glam Mrs and extremely smarmy looking agent.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Which is what we were overpaying based on what we generate

It was a very expensive and unnecessary signing of someone who was clearly not good enough but not his fault and good luck to him in the future.

Yep, we didn’t even need him at the time. Stupid move by whoever was in charge of transfers.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

My guess is the media were more focused on the appointment of Cocu and the team out in the USA, and this just slipped under the radar.

Had it been one of the more prominent players i.e Butterfield or the likes, someone might have followed them and reported. Blackman leaving after his disaster here is hardly going to sell.

Yeah I suspect so, Blackman ain’t even newsworthy anymore- shows what a fall from grace he’s had here after being championship top goalscorer when he arrived.

Archived