Derby County scarves

Anna

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Anna said:

Inspired by @Inverurie Ram's flag thread ? . I'm a scarf kinda girl myself, so am sharing and am interested to see what people have got! 

Here's my first contribution:

FB_IMG_1563110647167.jpg

The camp nou is a strange place,  a bit of a dump but stunning when full of fans.

More touristy than Old Trafford mind.

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Also evident with me being on this forum chatting with you lot ?

It’s a great topic @Anna; I’m sure you have started something that will get some interesting replies. I’ve owned lots of scarves over my 40+ years supporting the Rams. My personal favourite is the simple, traditional black and white job. The one in my pic still has Guinness stains on from the Villa final. I’ve got my eye on buying one off eBay which is really classy and woven from Moreno wool. It costs £40 but there’s something just “right” about a proper woollen scarf for following the Sheep...and cue @loweman2 with his collection of about 13,000 scarves dating back to circa 1888..?

6EFB6BBD-9A36-443B-AC91-CD1FFF3B557A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

Sounds a bit kinky if you ask me!!

Well quite, but by the time I grew to fully appreciate the niceties of silk scarves, wrists and "loose knots", I'd lost all my bloody silk Derby scarves!   

Story of my life!    ;-)

The silk scarf that was around in the mid- to late-1970’s was often tied around the wrist; there are one or two items around which sell for about £30 today; I well remember the blue and red style from the late 70’s / early 80’s; but still the best are the traditional black and white ‘bar’ scarf. 

The one with the orange stripe is from 1980/81 I think when we had the orange Le Coq Sportif away kit. Could make a come back perhapsch?

06B36892-CD9A-4F06-B823-05EF1187D6DA.jpeg

CA9B9AB5-0FE6-4ACC-9E68-31C81FDAA326.jpeg

A98A795D-2FC6-4A00-B8BB-4CD6B3D653F2.jpeg

5B03EC73-093D-49A5-982D-A1B5225F69F3.jpeg

18 hours ago, Anna said:

Inspired by @Inverurie Ram's flag thread ? . I'm a scarf kinda girl myself, so am sharing and am interested to see what people have got! 

Great shout! I have a couple of old school ones at my rents house which I'll have to try and add to this at a later date - One from the late 80s which my Dad got me when I was a proper littl'un and the other from the late 90s Wanchope era of the Black, White and Yellow home kit

I also have a series of non-Derby scarves in black, white and various shades of grey since I seem to only buy those colours in a scarf...

18 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The silk scarf that was around in the mid- to late-1970’s was often tied around the wrist; there are one or two items around which sell for about £30 today; I well remember the blue and red style from the late 70’s / early 80’s; but still the best are the traditional black and white ‘bar’ scarf. 

The one with the orange stripe is from 1980/81 I think when we had the orange Le Coq Sportif away kit. Could make a come back perhapsch?

06B36892-CD9A-4F06-B823-05EF1187D6DA.jpeg

CA9B9AB5-0FE6-4ACC-9E68-31C81FDAA326.jpeg

A98A795D-2FC6-4A00-B8BB-4CD6B3D653F2.jpeg

5B03EC73-093D-49A5-982D-A1B5225F69F3.jpeg

Used to fly out the car window for many trips, similar to top one, different font I think, many motorway miles took its toll on the poor thing, not much left after several seasons up and down the M1 and M6 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Probably dissolved as you passed Snottingham’s acrid atmosphere..

I know whenever I was close to parking up a gentle gathering took place, whether we were a group or I was travelling solo, priority was returning to an undamaged motor! Had a couple of Rams items inside so they had to be removed too. My plates were always South Manchester area so that wasn’t a give away. I did think about having Rams lettering in place of sales company but incognito best! 

Archived