Gary Rowett's influence in Japan

Maestro

We're back to the non existent hoofball again I see

It didn't happen you know.It just didn't.

It just wasn't the possession football we had become to know.

Rowett hoofball is a figment of unimaginative imagination

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Aaaaah apologies. I completely missed that, sorry about it. 

Delete my posts if you feel if it's distracting the flow of thread.

Nah it’s fine, this forum is built on this kind of stuff ?

2 hours ago, David said:

Yes he added 3 to the ranks, but you could argue 2 of the 3 are mostly appreciated, Davies in particular proved to be somewhat of a bargain.

thats your second mistake of the day.......tut tut.

Just now, RamNut said:

thats your second mistake of the day.......tut tut.

Not unless I don’t acknowledge it until after midnight.

Why I keep forgetting Ledley I’ll never know. 

Was the freebie signing to make up for the loss of Kieftenbeld wasn’t he? Which would have brought the average age down 0.something.

I would argue 3 out the 4 have no complaints with, whilst unspectacular Ledley filled a space for a while and only cost wages. Can’t really grumble and was left with little choice.

Also realised I missed another off Lampard’s column, Efe Ambrose. Looking back that was a complete waste of money, only a few weeks wages though.

55 minutes ago, David said:

Read the thread, not sure you have followed what has been said. 

I listed all of Rowett’s signings including loans first and corrected the error with Ledley. 

I was then told you can’t include loan players.

So I removed the loan players from Rowett’s signings and then compared the average age with Lampard’s signings, also minus the loan players. 

I haven’t compared Rowett’s with and Lampard’s without, that would be wrong and like I said to you I think personally they should be included for both, I’m just playing by the rules which have been thrown down by others.

Rowett deserves the dinosaurs tag on his season at Derby. He bought and played old players. Oldest starting XI in the Champ wasn't it? And he did state he was after a younger side, surely?

Lampard went about it with young loans, and found room for Bennett, Roos and Bogle regularly, so he gets to lay claim to the 'promoter of youth' tag.

Ultimately, they both finished 6th. I'm happier with Phillip Cocu than either of them...although I reserve the right to whine like a bitch if we're 18th in November,

13 hours ago, David said:

Also realised I missed another off Lampard’s column, Efe Ambrose. Looking back that was a complete waste of money, only a few weeks wages though.

.......and Malone.

i didn't like to mention it though ?

Archived