Palmer - 21

Lawrence - 23

Wisdom - 24

Winnall - 26

Huddlestone - 30

Jerome - 31

Davies - 32

Average age 26

The problem is he walked into a club that had 7 already 30+ which were no fault of his own. Baird (35), Shackell (33), Carson (31) Ledley, Bryson, Keogh, Johnson (30)

34 minutes ago, David said:

We’re all allowed one mistake a day.

With Ledley, average age 27

Without the loanees, it's 28+, and into a side which was too old and which he said he intended to bring some youth to.

50 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Without the loanees, it's 28+, and into a side which was too old and which he said he intended to bring some youth to.

If we take the loanees out of Lampard’s signings doesn’t read much better.

Cole 38

Waghorn 28

Shinnie 27

Jozefzoon 27

Marriott 23

Holmes 23

Average age 27.6

Rowett signings average age 28.3

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Good job Cole joined us for half a season or it would be a big win for @Needlesh

I would guess the average age of the starting 11 isn't so close? 

I’m not going to post stats that reflect badly on him am I? ?

Just think it’s worth remembering a number of these old players were here already.

Yes he added 3 to the ranks, but you could argue 2 of the 3 are mostly appreciated, Davies in particular proved to be somewhat of a bargain.

2 hours ago, David said:

If we take the loanees out of Lampard’s signings doesn’t read much better.

Cole 38

Waghorn 28

Shinnie 27

Jozefzoon 27

Marriott 23

Holmes 23

Average age 27.6

Rowett signings average age 28.3

That's a tiny bit naughty as you have included Palmer and Winall in Rowett's average age.

I do think it's probably fairer to compare purely permenant signings made though 

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's a tiny bit naughty as you have included Palmer and Winall in Rowett's average age.

I do think it's probably fairer to compare purely permenant signings made though 

It’s not naughty, he signed them, they played for us. 

It’s naughty not including them.

6 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not naughty, he signed them, they played for us. 

It’s naughty not including them.

My point is its an unfair comparison to include the younger loanees for one manager but deliberately don't include them for another.

Like I said though I think comparing purely permenant signings is a fairer comparison because that's what impacts the squad longer term.

5 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

My point is its an unfair comparison to include the younger loanees for one manager but deliberately don't include them for another.

Like I said though I think comparing purely permenant signings is a fairer comparison because that's what impacts the squad longer term.

Read the thread, not sure you have followed what has been said. 

I listed all of Rowett’s signings including loans first and corrected the error with Ledley. 

I was then told you can’t include loan players.

So I removed the loan players from Rowett’s signings and then compared the average age with Lampard’s signings, also minus the loan players. 

I haven’t compared Rowett’s with and Lampard’s without, that would be wrong and like I said to you I think personally they should be included for both, I’m just playing by the rules which have been thrown down by others.

9 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Regardless of age, Rowett's side looked like pensioners strolling around kicking a ball. Seen quicker snail races in my back garden.

Must have been pretty pointless playing hoof ball then with no real target man and if everyone was slow?

40 minutes ago, David said:

Read the thread, not sure you have followed what has been said. 

I listed all of Rowett’s signings including loans first and corrected the error with Ledley. 

I was then told you can’t include loan players.

So I removed the loan players from Rowett’s signings and then compared the average age with Lampard’s signings, also minus the loan players. 

I haven’t compared Rowett’s with and Lampard’s without, that would be wrong and like I said to you I think personally they should be included for both, I’m just playing by the rules which have been thrown down by others.

Aaaaah apologies. I completely missed that, sorry about it. 

Delete my posts if you feel if it's distracting the flow of thread.

Archived