Darren Moore appointed Doncaster manager

David

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should do ok there. But they've got a squad that has seen a lot of changes

A lot will depend on whether they can keep hold of Marquis and how many games the older key players like Andrew Butler and James Coppinger can play.

They''ve lost a key defender in Danny Andrews who has gone to Fleetwood, who are really splashing the cash (they've signed Couttsy as well). Malik Willis who was superb together with Marquis has gone to Barnsley and they've lost a key midfielder as Herbie Kane has gone back to liverpool and I'd expect him to make the step up to Championships level on loan this time around.

(I've not paid attention for the last couple of weeks so if Marquis has already gone I've missed it)

8th or better and he'll have had a decent season.

Good luck to him and kudos for being brave enough to step down - not something that a lot of young managers in his position would have done. Shows that he's desperate to succeed and just wants to manage.

That being said - I wouldn't have wanted him at Derby, at all. I don't think he would've been what we needed. But I do think that it is a bit of a surprise that he's had to move down a division. He didn't do a bad job at WBA and was in contention for the top 2 when he was sacked. I would wager that there ought to have been a job for him in the Championship if he'd have wanted. Sheff Wed? Or sooner or later a bottom half club once someone gets the boot.

If he does well at Donny it shows that he's a good manager and this could be a good move for him. I hope so.

On 10/07/2019 at 18:12, Budgie895 said:

Phew! We got away with that one ?

No real need for that. I suspect it's a tongue in cheek comment but that notwithstanding, I think he's owed a bit of respect. I also sincerely doubt he was ever really in the frame for the Derby job so we've really dodged nothing at all.

Let's just wish him well and be pleased with our own good fortune in securing the services of Mr Cocu ?

Archived