Liam Rosenior

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I thought in one of the pre-match analyses he'd identified Keogh as being a chink in our armour.

You may be thinking of Dean Ashton on Quest, rather than the far more knowledgeable Rosenior ?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t recall Rosenior criticising Keogh as a player quality wise but him and Keith Andrews did criticise Keogh’s mentality because of his interview before the West Brom home game. Essentially Keogh said that even if they didn’t beat West Brom , it had still been a brilliant season and Rosenior and Andrews criticised Keogh for not having a winner mindset, because he’s subliminally convincing himself that it would have been fine not to beat West Brom and that spreads to the rest of the players, luckily we won that game though .

However, I personally got the feeling that some of the players were happy just to be at Wembley unlike Villa who were desperate to win after the previous years’ disappointment. Iirc, Rosenior mentioned that in such a situation at Brighton , it would be deemed a failure by Hughton and the senior players if they didn’t reach at least the play offs at the start of their journey as a team and it was an absolute failure when they had “their peak team” and didn’t go up.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/liam-rosenior-old-school-doesnt-work-now-theres-a-different-way-of-coaching-players-ksfr20pfm?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1564763974

Good article in the Times on Rosenior’s style and ambitions. I particularly like the part where he acknowledges his own prejudices when talking about diversity issues.

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/liam-rosenior-old-school-doesnt-work-now-theres-a-different-way-of-coaching-players-ksfr20pfm?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1564763974

Good article in the Times on Rosenior’s style and ambitions. I particularly like the part where he acknowledges his own prejudices when talking about diversity issues.

Do I have to pay to read it?

If so I’ll take your word on it,really like what I’ve seen and heard from him.

4 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Do I have to pay to read it?

If so I’ll take your word on it,really like what I’ve seen and heard from him.

No you don't. With the times you can register and read 1 article a day for free. I am sure I read that the email address does not even have to be real as you do not to confirm your email address. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived