Sign in to follow this  
Kyle guest

Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Bogle to Brighton for x amount plus Clarke on loan.. 

Freeing up cash for Bielik perhaps?

Hope not, I want Bogle here long term.

Wouldn't really make much sense cos then we'd have to sign a right back.

Plus I'd take one look at Webster going for £20-£25 million based on a couple of seasons in the Championship and there's no way on this earth I'd sell Bogle for anything less than £15 million.

He's had 1 season at this level, has just turned 19 and is only going to get better.

We've got the money from Lampard, the coaching staff, Luke Thomas and Liam Delap. 

Plus I doubt Beilik will cost £10 million.

50 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Would certainly fill something we're missing in the squad. If we got him and Clarke, I'd say we're one winger away from having a decent chance again. Ideally I'd like to upgrade the GK position, but it's less vital than the positions already mentioned.

4-2-3-1 - Roos; Bogle Keogh Clarke Malone; Shinnie Bielik; New Dowell Lawrence; Marriott.

Players like Holmes, Waghorn and Bennett to come of the bench, we'd have a strong XI and good depth again.

Bennett right, new left winger. Lawrence is not a winger, other than that I like the side.

12 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nicholson will hedge his bets. Never gives a straight answer, have you read his replies on his Monday questions time? He never actually answers anything

He doesn't, because he doesn't know anything he hasn't printed already. What he does do is make a good stab at crystallising a bit of common sense from the silliness that goes around at this time of year. He's OK at what he does, it's just that 25% of us on here could do it every bit as well.

11 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Bennett right, new left winger. Lawrence is not a winger, other than that I like the side.

Bennett is not a player who should be near the starting 11 if we want to do anything this season. As much as I like him and want him to do well I just don’t think he’s kicked on enough. Would love to be proved wrong but I don’t see it. 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Bennett is not a player who should be near the starting 11 if we want to do anything this season. As much as I like him and want him to do well I just don’t think he’s kicked on enough. Would love to be proved wrong but I don’t see it. 

I like him, but to be frank he isn't good enough to start for a promotion chasing team, he is not a bad sub though.

I'm consistently amazed by people's ability to acknowledge the ability of a 23 year old to adapt, change and grow.  For reference, I'll give you Che Adams.  Same age as Mason and if he'd been a Ram I swear some on here would have binned him rather than giving him his breakthrough season like Brum did last year resulting in a rumoured 12mil+ sale.

25 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Without Bennett this season we would’ve finished considerably lower in the league:

1- Assist for winner at Reading 

2- Assist for winner at Hull 

3- goals scored in games which could’ve allowed teams back into the game and result in a Derby loss

4- goal vs WBA which gave us play off spot. 

^only the things I could name off top of my head

1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

Without Bennett this season we would’ve finished considerably lower in the league:

1- Assist for winner at Reading 

2- Assist for winner at Hull 

3- goals scored in games which could’ve allowed teams back into the game and result in a Derby loss

4- goal vs WBA which gave us play off spot. 

^only the things I could name off top of my head

Wigan goal which effectively turned our season around.

BUt It wAs a FlUkE

Hope he’s signing to play at DM because he reminds me of Thorne - with his ability to break up play and distribute quickly and precisely. 

If it’s a loan with a view to a permanent, it’s very shrewd business.

10 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Hope he’s signing to play at DM because he reminds me of Thorne - with his ability to break up play and distribute quickly and precisely. 

If it’s a loan with a view to a permanent, it’s very shrewd business.

It would also presumably be the final nail in George's metaphorical coffin....sad, but I'll have to let him go😥

14 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Wigan goal which effectively turned our season around.

BUt It wAs a FlUkE

Exactly. People just seem to forget things like this when they have a negative perception of someone 

I would hope this is a loan with a view to a permanent deal.

It would seem logical given he has one full season at League One level and little else to his name and also given no one took a look at him last year in the Championship.

Do we have £10 million to spend and given recent history, would it be prudent to spend it all on one player, regardless of said player’s potential, even if it is a heavily structured deal?

Nothing against the deal in principle. He seems highly rated, well sought after and an excellent fit for us. He looks like the kind of player that has the qualities of Huddlestone, Johnson, Bryson and Thorne rolled into one.

The fear for me is that we always seem to get our fingers burnt when we flash the cash, especially to that extent.

It’d be typical Derby for us to put down 10 big ones, only for Special K to suffer a season ending injury in his first training session.

But fingers crossed my fears are baseless. 😂