Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funnily enough, right before I saw this there was two lads in the changing rooms at the gym saying that Derby had signed two players today, one permanent. Odd that this was announced almost straight after. It would be a good signing - plenty of potential and a presence in the middle of the park.

He definitely ticks the boxes to what we need. 

remember, transfer fees are A) never all up front and B) for FFP purposes are valued across the player's contract ie. if he cost £10m and was on a 5 year deal, that would be £2m per year towards ffp (I believe this to be the case anyway). After the wages we've lost this summer, which would be above £5m per annum anyway, plus the Lamps and Thomas money, I could see us spending £4/5m up front pretty reasonably with £5/6m of instalments/add ons depending on appearances, whether we go up etc 

Just now, Ambitious said:

Funnily enough, right before I saw this there was two lads in the changing rooms at the gym saying that Derby had signed two players today, one permanent. Odd that this was announced almost straight after. It would be a good signing - plenty of potential and a presence in the middle of the park.

Load of rubbish - don't believe that for a moment. You in a gym?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I can't imagine it's £10 million either. 

But say it's between £6-8 million. That's basically the money for Lampard, the coaching staff, Luke Thomas and Liam Delap isn't it?

That is probably about right, but I still think even 6-8mill on 1 player if we have a limited budget is abit much to pay. Maybe we don't have a limited budget and will spend 15mill in the next few days, but for saying we are supposedly tight on funds it would be a surprising fee to pay.

Don't know much about him so had a look at this highlights reel. 

Now it's only a highlights reel so it's hard to judge properly till you've watched him play properly.

However looking at this there's a bit of the 2014 George Thorne about him, their styles are a bit different but he's looks like the type of player who is looking to get on the front foot as soon as he wins the ball back. Doesn't look to have the passing range or ability to play through the lines like Thorne, but he seems to be a big presence in the middle of the park, good at nicking the ball away, dominant in the air, decent pass on him, surprisingly quick and as I say always looking to get the ball moving forward and hurt the opposition.

If he's as good as this video suggests then he could finally be the piece of the midfield jigsaw that we've been looking for since the Eustace Thorne days................IF we sign him!

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is better than the patio story.....why you were listening to two lads talking in the changing rooms...you wasn’t hidden in a cabinet was you ?

Archived