Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

Not bothered about the fee. Trust Mel to look after the club. I don't think we need to worry.

It wasn't the price tag that made Johnson one of the most frustrating players since 2013. It was his passing. 

If it was my own money I'd think differently but as a fan I just want good players without crippling the club. Does anyone believe this transfer is hurting us?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alpha said:

Not bothered about the fee. Trust Mel to look after the club. I don't think we need to worry.

It wasn't the price tag that made Johnson one of the most frustrating players since 2013. It was his passing. 

If it was my own money I'd think differently but as a fan I just want good players without crippling the club. Does anyone believe this transfer is hurting us?

With high price comes the high risk so there is a chance for hurting us too. If does thorne' s, he can hold us down for the next 5 years. If he develops and team is successful tho... I like happy endings except in movies so let's wish for the latter. 

Hope he stays fit and he is everything what we hoped Thorne would be aka Messiah. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Seems like we've got a strategy now, rather than just having a splurge. 

Mel's got it sussed...just so long as the scouting network do their work right, we'll be fine.

It’s nice to see Cocu’s got his head screwed on. It’s only taken a few weeks to see we are powder puff through the spine. So he’s gone out and bought in my 1 but 2 big, strong, powerful lads that are also ball players.

Can’t  wait to see where he takes this team over the next few years, blokes a genius.

I really think this lad is going to be an absolute monster for us. Some have bemoaned the fee but I think it could look an absolute snip by next summer and a 5 year contract makes absolute sense to me.

Clarke and Dowell both look exciting too and with the prospect of more to come, this could be a very imposing sort of side by close of window. Not been this excited about the new season in yonks and there's a nice buzz building around the club again but one senses perhaps with less hype and more substance than under Frank.

Any two from a goalscoring CM, a fleetfooted winger and a dominant keeper and I'll be feeling mighty confident about the season to come.

10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It’s nice to see Cocu’s got his head screwed on. It’s only taken a few weeks to see we are powder puff through the spine. So he’s gone out and bought in my 1 but 2 big, strong, powerful lads that are also ball players.

Can’t  wait to see where he takes this team over the next few years, blokes a genius.

We've been crying out for a couple of powerful players with presence that are able to take control of key areas, who also have ability on the ball.

Bradley Johnson tried his best last season and at times it worked, but he was very inconsistent on the ball. Hopefully Bielik and Clarke will give us everything we need to compete in and dominate games against certain teams.

One of our key failings in recent seasons looks to be addressed...........Fingers crossed!

23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Exactly my thought.  If memory serves, our spine was rock solid under Jim Smith in, I think, the 95/96 season, and look how that ended.  Just need to see what the purported other signings are.....

Think he will play DM.

He can drop back into back 4 or 3 but also give the extra height when defending/attacking corners.

The defending of corners and free kicks has been awful in the past couple of seasons.

There seems to be this mindset in football at the moment where Defenders concentrate more on shirt pulling and wrestling, rather than actually attacking the ball and making sure they get to it first?. 

Most seem to be standing sideways on to the kick coming in, or with their back to it looking where the man they are marking is going and not actually where the ball is going.

How many times have we all seen our CB's watch a ball come over their shoulder when if they were standing the right way on and watching the ball come in would have won it comfortably?.

Archived