Sign in to follow this  
Kyle guest

Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

11 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Anya got a 5 year contract, where is he now?

Anya got a 4 year deal, though it seems longer than that now. 

Posted (edited)

If, as a Championship club, you spend UP TO £10m on a player you have to give them a 4 or 5 year deal to protect your investment.

A 3 year deal and you'd be begging them to sign an extension in a year's time

Some people really are clueless.

Edited by Carnero

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The DET has been absolute dross for years. The paper itself is bloated with naff ad space that yields little/no results for the companies purchasing it and the website is basically unreadable as you get overwhelmed by pop ups, surveys and intrusive ads.

If there happened to be something worth reading in there I'd be annoyed, but there almost never is.

And the social media is click bait of the worst order, and slammed across about fifteen accounts all day long... to the point where I've muted most of them on Twitter to keep things clean. No idea if it is working for them, but it isn't for me.

5 hours ago, cafc92 said:

Charlton fan here.

One of the most gifted footballers I’ve seen at the Valley in the last decade alongside the likes of Joe Gomez.

Now for the reality check. When he first joined, even at League One level, he was never convincing as a centre back. He has a tendency to try the unnecessary, overplay and often went running down a dead end, lost the ball and got caught out of position.

HOWEVER When Bowyer switched him to a DM role, he was a revelation and I am absolutely gutted that it looks like he won’t be coming back to bolster our brittle midfield options. Aribo, Bielik and Cullen were all central pieces last season, all have left and won’t be coming back.

I have to say it’s demoralising when fees like 10m are thrown around for someone who has yet to prove themselves above the third tier. We’ve got no chance of competing with Derby County until we’re rid of Roland Duchatelet.

Good luck for the season. I’ll be watching with interest to see how Cocu uses Bielik.

Cheers for the well wishes. If it helps ease the pain about the sums being spent, we got £6-7m for our old manager and his team after a single good season despite being unproven in the league above. The madness comes from the top!

1 hour ago, Jonesy90 said:

Underpinning the purchase of Bielik, as well as him being a good player and someone we need, is FFP - let me explain.

Derby will probably lose Huddlestone, Davies, Thorne and Martin next summer on free transfers - if they don’t leave beforehand.

As a result Derby’s players, as a financial asset, will dramatically decrease and show the club as making a loss, even if the club breaks even next season.

To protect the value of the first team, Derby MUST invest in upcoming players. I expect Derby to bring in players 23 and under with high potential to fill this financial gap.

I'm not sure that is quite right.  No arguments with the stuff about Huddlestone etc dropping off, although the actual losses won't be *that* high - Martin was a free signing, and the others were supposedly about £5.5m at the point they were signed, so worth much less now.

But as I understand it, signing a player won't actually affect the clubs balance sheet - £10m cash goes out, a £10m player appears, so net change of 0 (with obvious complications to do with staged payments, clauses etc).  The only way to increase the value is to actually sell those players for higher than their current worth (in balance sheet terms).

16 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

And the social media is click bait of the worst order, and slammed across about fifteen accounts all day long... to the point where I've muted most of them on Twitter to keep things clean. No idea if it is working for them, but it isn't for me.

Whilst they are still able to convince people to pay for the ad space they will get away with it. When advertisers wise up and start to pull the plug they are daffy ducked.

15 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

Can’t argue with that. Such a shame. It’s not ran by newspaper people anymore and to be honest, that’s probably right in this age of social media. They do get it horribly wrong tho bless em (the management - not the journos). 

44 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My only worry with a fee like that is if we end up seeing someone leaving to cover it. The only two players I can see pulling in a figure like that at this time are Marriott or Bogle, niether of which I would like to see leave.

Ultimately, I trust Mel and Cocu to do what's right.

I think we’ve done quite a lot of out business already with Lampard going and Thomas + Delap that’s a bout 6/7 million then we have removed a lot of wages which saves us a couple of million over the year. This has opened up funds for a 2/3 players without having to sell a star player. Once this goes through I think we will get Clark and then a winger. Depending on who the winger is I think we will have the makings of a team that can push promotion. 

Just now, desirelines said:

Knowing Derby he'll either absolutely tear up the league and get us to the Play-Off Final, or he'll tear his ACL within the first 5 matches. 

There should be a term in the dictionary to do a “Derby”

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Right, given he is supposedly in the area today we need to allocate some jobs. We need eyes in the following locations...

Moore Farm, he'll be needing a contract and medical.

All local estate agents, he'll be needing a house.

All major supermarkets, he'll be needing some food.

B&Q, he'll be needing some patio furniture.

That should cover everything.

Ive just seen a beast of a lad in an Arsenal shirt at Uncle Toms cabin. 

It's normal for the DET, and others to be fair. Serious padding. A para on where we play, a para on how we did last season, a para on getting a new manager, maybe a para on whether we've already signed someone......then finally a cut & paste from someone else's article.  I rarely ready the first few paras but scroll to the end for the actual "news", whilst fighting my way through numerous annoying pop-ups. 

Just had a lengthy trawl through the Arsenal Fans Forum.  Usual mix of views (no different to this forum but with more swearing!), but I'd say the overriding view is they'd rather keep him.  To quote once response to a Ram query:

"A very good signing for you guys. Solid, good technician and physically dominant. Wins a lot of duels and interceptions. Definitely someone who can potentially help you with promotion. I'm actually quite disappointed he's going to be honest but this is a good deal for all parties IMO."

Posted (edited)

From the Evening Standard:

”That sparked interest from a host of clubs, including AC Milan, but Derby are set to win the race for the defender”   

He cant be bad then and Mel always gets his man. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal/arsenal-s-krystian-bielik-nears-10m-move-to-Derby-and-transfer-could-help-buy-a-new-defender-for-a4203131.html

Edited by admira