Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

A month out is like saying "a week off" with the record of our defensive midfielders

Really hoping he can avoid our CDM curse. Still wonder how we would have done the season after Wembley with a fit George Thorne.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Without wanting to put out any enthusiasm, definitely worth noting.

Perhaps he didn't fancy Walsall and few would

But we might have said that about Max Lowe yet he turned his injury stats round last season. If it was the same injury /same leg that would be a worry.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'd like to know what makes you think this? 

Not doubting you mind, but why would Cocu have anymore idea on his suitability than Rosenior or any of the other staff?

What exactly makes you think it's Cocu's signing and no one else?

Just gut feeling. Most of the time, signings come from either the recruitment team or the manager. This one is probably the former cleared by the latter. Didn’t mean it was all cocus signing, sorry if I was a little ambiguous, just meant it probably didn’t come from the other coaching staff. Occasionally signings will come recommended by other coaches, but mainly like I say it’s the recruitment team/ manager clearing it. Since rosenior doesn’t have any clear link to bielik, I think it’s a fair guess that it’s more the standard route of transfer. That’s all I meant, not that cocu found him especially.

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just gut feeling. Most of the time, signings come from either the recruitment team or the manager. This one is probably the former cleared by the latter. Didn’t mean it was all cocus signing, sorry if I was a little ambiguous, just meant it probably didn’t come from the other coaching staff. Occasionally signings will come recommended by other coaches, but mainly like I say it’s the recruitment team/ manager clearing it. Since rosenior doesn’t have any clear link to bielik, I think it’s a fair guess that it’s more the standard route of transfer. That’s all I meant, not that cocu found him especially.

You ever thought about changing your username to @Neverendo de drivel

I'll be honest and not make out I know a load about Bielik and hats to anyone that does because the average Derby fan can't have seen him play more than 5 times max. As many have I've watched various YouTube videos and from what I've seen he looks very impressive . I would have thought we would be using him in the defensive midfield role especially if the Matt Clarke rumours are true . 

Regarding the price tag , we will never fully know it's all a good bums on seats job if it's a club record deal . Everyone loves a club record deal , myself included. 

Charlton fan here.

One of the most gifted footballers I’ve seen at the Valley in the last decade alongside the likes of Joe Gomez.

Now for the reality check. When he first joined, even at League One level, he was never convincing as a centre back. He has a tendency to try the unnecessary, overplay and often went running down a dead end, lost the ball and got caught out of position.

HOWEVER When Bowyer switched him to a DM role, he was a revelation and I am absolutely gutted that it looks like he won’t be coming back to bolster our brittle midfield options. Aribo, Bielik and Cullen were all central pieces last season, all have left and won’t be coming back.

I have to say it’s demoralising when fees like 10m are thrown around for someone who has yet to prove themselves above the third tier. We’ve got no chance of competing with Derby County until we’re rid of Roland Duchatelet.

Good luck for the season. I’ll be watching with interest to see how Cocu uses Bielik.

Wow, sounds like this really is happening. He could be a huge player for us in a key position. And the fact we’re signing him on a 5 year deal suggests Cocu sees himself being here for the long term and that Mel is prepared to back him. Love it.

16 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Wow, sounds like this really is happening. He could be a huge player for us in a key position. And the fact we’re signing him on a 5 year deal suggests Cocu sees himself being here for the long term and that Mel is prepared to back him. Love it.

I kinder get that feeling as well.

(Did you see what I did there?)

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

It’s strange how they haven’t discussed personal terms but it’s a 5 year deal.

Agreed. What if he said I am young and ambitious and don't want to get tied into a long deal .. or Derby said they want a £100m buy-out clause...or the medical highlights a few issues so Derby decide to mitigate their losses with lower wages and huge appearance fees?

And how does this information just become so widely reported...and accepted. Is it the selling or buying club, or the player/agent who is briefing/leaking the figures? And why....?

Arsenal fans seem happy with the reputed fee, so maybe it's them giving the high £10m number to convince their fans it's a good deal?

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It’s strange how they haven’t discussed personal terms but it’s a 5 year deal.

anyway, over the moon we are buying one of my suggestions again. Hopefully he will stay fit and help us boss the midfield battles

You have to assume some kind of conversation has been had with his agent already. Probably just ironing out the details.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Just my personal opinion but we could have had ten ryan ledsons, and he can be a dirty bstrd which i quite like.

could also have had crowley and sunjic and mahoney for £10m ? 

Well Ledson signed for Preston when Cocu had probably never even heard of Derby County - maybe he’d have wanted him. But 24 appearances for a team that finished lower than us in the table would suggest either injuries or he’s not good enough. 

Crowley is an attacking CM? The two who appear to be the Crown Jewels of our academy both play in the same position and the club have long stated they have no intention of blocking youngsters pathways with permanent signings. 

Sunjic will cost up to £7m I’ve read? So at its maximum that is not a million miles away from our Bielik price, but Bielik has a few years experience already in English football and can cover two positions. With our problems at centre back that is not to be sniffed at. Not to mention for both of the above, Birmingham have shown little respect for playing by the rules financially and at the same time are coming in for players off the back of a near £20k windfall for Adams, maybe they can blow us out of the water with wages.

As for Mahoney, he pulled up no trees at Birmingham last season. Given every single Championship manager and recruitment team would be aware of him, and he has ended up at Millwall would suggest to me that he is short of what we would be looking for as a club.

For me this shows some serious ambition. I agree that the £10m payments will be spread/linked to appearances/promotion etc but £10m is £10m. Shows how well Mel has sorted FFP. Rather than just scrape through with little headroom he’s shown some ambition by giving us room to manoeuvre financially. 

It was never about us not having money it was about the rules allowing us to invest. 

Mel backs the manager again. If this guy turns out to be a flop some will blame Mel as they did with the previous signings so I’m hoping we have a bit of luck with this one Cos Mel deserves much more credit than he gets. 

2 hours ago, admira said:

Fee agreed and medical / personal terms discussions today. Confirmed by DT   

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-close-landing-arsenals-3160021

All the DET have done here is put John Percy's tweet into an article, unfortunately they are a million miles from ever being able to confirm anything. 

The paper/site/'journalist' is just a click-bait machine these days. 

1 minute ago, Sidd10 said:

All the DET have done here is put John Percy's tweet into an article, unfortunately they are a million miles from ever being able to confirm anything. 

The paper/site/'journalist' is just a click-bait machine these days. 

Yep - that's all they do and then they just fact check within the media team at Derby who will only confirm/deny when they want it public knowledge. No personal opinion, insight or breaking news - just click bait waffle. 

'Latest on Matt Clarke'

"Matt Clarke is a man who played for Portsmouth and is now at Brighton - Derby are interested". 

Archived