Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

23 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

What are peoples opinions of paying a possible club record £10m? He was great in league 1 and looks like a good youngster but that's a lot of money and surely we wouldn't sign anyone else after spending that?

The fee will be spread over the duration of the contract. No doubt with another whopping residual value to lessen the pain.

the market has gone daft and this is bordering on daft but at least shows some ambition and can be massaged to fit within ffp limits.

We also stand a chance of selling at a profit if he does well.

better value has been available but i'm not going to knock it.

I'm hoping we still find a position in the back four for evans as he has been the star of pre-season.

however the priority for me is the lack of creativity and goals in the attacking midfield positions.

lawrence, dowell, shinnie, jozefzoon - thats where the problem is.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Err ram io said:

ALL things come to thosr who wait!

Sounds like a quality addition in an area Cocu thinks we need strengthening!

Can we detect a bit of  Liam R influence here??

I guess we can look forward to more signings once this one gets done!

Momentum building !

(Hopefully).....

Well we’ve certainly taken our time over it that’s for sure! But as long as we get the right deal I don’t really care. It certainky is an area we needed a better player in so glad we’ve got someone in there’s of bieliks quality especially. Doubt rosenior has had anything to do with this one mind, sounds very much like it was Cocus idea.

Would certainly think there’s more signings to come, there’s another one In the works that’s a little further off than the bielik deal I believe (would imagine Clarke) and then I’d expect a couple more in over the weekend (CM and RW). Then hopefully we’ll have some further options for the last few days of the window.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The fee will be spread over the duration of the contract. No doubt with another whopping residual value to lessen the pain.

the market has gone daft and this is bordering on daft but at least shows some ambition and can be massaged to fit within ffp limits.

We also stand a chance of selling at a profit if he does well.

better value has been available but i'm not going to knock it.

I'm hoping we still find a position in the back four for evans as he has been the star of pre-season.

however the priority for me is the lack of creativity and goals in the attacking midfield positions.

lawrence, dowell, shinnie, jozefzoon - thats where the problem is.

Out of interest who would you say is the better value that had been available?

12 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Wonder if that means we might try to move on Huddlestone? Can’t see him getting much more than the odd cameo appearance with Bielik, Shinnie/Holmes and Dowell as the likely midfield combo if this goes through.

Plus I imagine he’s one of the last few big wage earners. Weren't Udinese sniffing around back in January?

Pity we couldn’t sell him to some Chinese club for £20 mil

4 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Out of interest who would you say is the better value that had been available?

Just my personal opinion but we could have had ten ryan ledsons, and he can be a dirty bstrd which i quite like.

could also have had crowley and sunjic and mahoney for £10m ? 

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Villa have just spent £8 million on a 33 year old goalie so God knows how much they will offer for a player with potential!

Actually they have been spending wisely every one of them under 25 I believe bar the goalkeeper 

1 hour ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Don’t read too much into that.Harry Kane was on loan at Leyton Orient once!

And at Millwall and QPR 

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well we’ve certainly taken our time over it that’s for sure! But as long as we get the right deal I don’t really care. It certainky is an area we needed a better player in so glad we’ve got someone in there’s of bieliks quality especially. Doubt rosenior has had anything to do with this one mind, sounds very much like it was Cocus idea.

Would certainly think there’s more signings to come, there’s another one In the works that’s a little further off than the bielik deal I believe (would imagine Clarke) and then I’d expect a couple more in over the weekend (CM and RW). Then hopefully we’ll have some further options for the last few days of the window.

I'd like to know what makes you think this? 

Not doubting you mind, but why would Cocu have anymore idea on his suitability than Rosenior or any of the other staff?

What exactly makes you think it's Cocu's signing and no one else?

Hopefully we announce him tomorrow, just after we announce the sale of the team bus to one of Mel's other companies for £45m. 

Also, i would personally fork out millions just to get a live reaction camera on Steve Gibson after we announce our record signing. 

Had a quick look, he missed a season after a shoulder injury which required surgery. Then last season coming back to play for the first time afterwards he got a calf injury in September and missed a month , then later on got a ankle injury playing for Poland u23s and missed a couple of weeks.

i wouldn’t say it’s cause for alarm bells, but he does need to get a full season behind him.

Edit - meant to quite @Andicis ?‍♂️?

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Had a quick look, he missed a season after a shoulder injury which required surgery. Then last season coming back to play for the first time afterwards he got a calf injury in September and missed a month , then later on got a ankle injury playing for Poland u23s and missed a couple of weeks.

i wouldn’t say it’s cause for alarm bells, but he does need to get a full season behind him.

Edit - meant to quite @Andicis ?‍♂️?

He also suffered a freak groin injury against Accrington Stanley last season:

58 minutes ago, Gritty said:

This surely spells end for Thorne.  Evans, Huddz and Bielik and Bird all ahead of him

Thorne is done at championship level, injuries have destroyed his body and probably his mentality. Real shame but still that's the chance you take when you become a footballer. Forsyth may be the same, i hope not though.

Archived