Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

What are peoples opinions of paying a possible club record £10m? He was great in league 1 and looks like a good youngster but that's a lot of money and surely we wouldn't sign anyone else after spending that?

Definitely don't think we're done after this one, think we'll bring in a couple more before the window shuts. I'm more than happy with spending the money, he's a hugely talented player, he's young, he's versatile, and there aren't many good young holding midfielders around. I think it's a coup.

Looks like we’ve had an offer accepted then... good news. Just hope we can negotiate a decent contract with him that he accepts tomorrow then, then should he pass his medical this one should be just about done. Club record signing, he’s gonna come in with a lot of pressure on him. I rate him though, let’s hope he can handle it. Our biggest signing in a long time this, let’s hope he lives up to the billing and turns out to be a special player for us.

What's even better about this is that if Mel hadn't bought the stadium to be able to do this, Bielik's destination seemed likely to be Boro instead.
Mel getting one over Gibson, yet again.
1484422394_MasonMountKeoghAgainOoAndAChanceForMorrisOnceMore.png.23e5659ffa2e1164278dbafc6caace03.png

People are talking like £10m is good money nowadays - Bristol want and might get £25m for their centre back. If he has an average season, he’s probably worth £15m. No fan that’s seen him play says anything other than he’s a very good player, not many players achieve that. Not many at all. 

Sounds like we’ve been in for this one for a couple of weeks now then. Obviously took a while to negotiate that fee to a suitable offer. Interesting arsenal wanted to offer him a new deal, clearly his decision to leave. Fair play to him, could be a bit of a coup this even at such a fee

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Looks like we’ve had an offer accepted then... good news. Just hope we can negotiate a decent contract with him that he accepts tomorrow then, then should he pass his medical this one should be just about done. Club record signing, he’s gonna come in with a lot of pressure on him. I rate him though, let’s hope he can handle it. Our biggest signing in a long time this, let’s hope he lives up to the billing and turns out to be a special player for us.

ALL things come to thosr who wait!

Sounds like a quality addition in an area Cocu thinks we need strengthening!

Can we detect a bit of  Liam R influence here??

I guess we can look forward to more signings once this one gets done!

Momentum building !

(Hopefully).....

18 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

What are peoples opinions of paying a possible club record £10m? He was great in league 1 and looks like a good youngster but that's a lot of money and surely we wouldn't sign anyone else after spending that?

Couldn't give a flying frig. Now if Mvr Pastinaak (Mrs Parsnip in English) wanted to spend £10m on having her eyelashes permed or whatever the frig she does on Wednesday afternoons, then I'd step in and say "No duck that's a lot of money and I've just shelled out nearly £3k on a holiday for us so you can use some kitchen utensils and some potato starch this time". But it's Mel's money and he knows what he's doing with money waaaaaaay better than I do. So leave him to it and let him treat us if he likes.

Wonder if that means we might try to move on Huddlestone? Can’t see him getting much more than the odd cameo appearance with Bielik, Shinnie/Holmes and Dowell as the likely midfield combo if this goes through.

Plus I imagine he’s one of the last few big wage earners. Weren't Udinese sniffing around back in January?

Never saw the play off final, but did watch the 2nd leg of the semi final. He scored a cracking header 2 minutes in, was very impressed with Charlton, especially first half. 

Obviously it’s a step up to the Championship, but he has all the attributes to be just the player we’ve been after in midfield. I will be delighted if we get this sealed tomorrow. 

Archived