Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

I’m getting deja vu back to last summer when we signed Marriott. If we sign Bielik, it will probably be undisclosed, but we will still find out the nature of the deal. A lot of stressing out  about a £10 million figure that’s only been mention by some Polish bloke on twitter.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obligatory 'never seen him play so fay as I know', but everyone seems so up for it I think I'm jumping on the bandwagon. He's definitely the missing link and if we sign him, we're going up. The new Igor. Or the new Seth. Or something. Mel should offer an extra mill this morning just to make sure.

Is he a centre half or a midfielder then?

3 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Obligatory 'never seen him play so fay as I know', but everyone seems so up for it I think I'm jumping on the bandwagon. He's definitely the missing link and if we sign him, we're going up. The new Igor. Or the new Seth. Or something. Mel should offer an extra mill this morning just to make sure.

Both, played a lot as DM for Charlton and played CB for Poland in the U21 Championship 

33 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When you consider Forest signed Assbanjo from Peterbrough for 8 million a good few years back now, 10 million for a centre back highly rated by Arsenal isn't all that bad.

If he's rated that highly by Arsenal you would think, given their defensive frailties over the last however many seasons, they would be keen to keep him.

They either need the money, don't rate him in the way some others do or have a better option ready to bring into their squad.

13 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Don't know much about him so had a look at this highlights reel. 

Now it's only a highlights reel so it's hard to judge properly till you've watched him play properly.

However looking at this there's a bit of the 2014 George Thorne about him, their styles are a bit different but he's looks like the type of player who is looking to get on the front foot as soon as he wins the ball back. Doesn't look to have the passing range or ability to play through the lines like Thorne, but he seems to be a big presence in the middle of the park, good at nicking the ball away, dominant in the air, decent pass on him, surprisingly quick and as I say always looking to get the ball moving forward and hurt the opposition.

If he's as good as this video suggests then he could finally be the piece of the midfield jigsaw that we've been looking for since the Eustace Thorne days................IF we sign him!

The guy looks class but dont want to get too excited in case this doesn't happen. He is exactly what we need. For a big man he looks excellent on the ball, His first thought when winning or receiving the ball is always to play forwards. He will suit us better than Huddlestone who doesn't use his height or physicality. He looks like he has got excellent passing range to me, pinging balls left and right on the highlights not to mention his shots on goal looked to be hit well.

This would be a great signing. having him with Clarke at the back would be excellent. lets just hope for another winger and then we can start the season strong. Holmes and Marriott to come back yet too...

Two of my close friends are Charlton Athletic ST holders Home and Away and saw every game last season - they say he’s fantastic and we’re hoping they would get him on loan for this season again. I’ve never seen him play so can’t comment, but my friends know their ‘football’, so if they say he’s ‘fantastic’, then he is !! ??

Just now, Keepyuppy said:

Two of my close friends are Charlton Athletic ST holders Home and Away and saw every game last season - they say he’s fantastic and we’re hoping they would get him on loan for this season again. I’ve never seen him play so can’t comment, but my friends know their ‘football’, so if they say he’s ‘fantastic’, then he is !! ??

My son-in-law's an Arsenal fan and can't believe Bielik hasn't been given a run in the team. 

9 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

Im sure your friend will beiliking his wounds when we sign him...... 

2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

He's both.  At the same time.  Apparently having one player playing multiple positions worked so well with Trialist in the U18's, that Cocu is now desperate to unleash it in the Championship! 

Based on limited viewing and highlights of him, he does sort of look like the CM we have been desperately missing for a few seasons now. Looks like he will control games and take them by the scruff on the neck with his tackling, passing and surprising speed with and without the ball. 

Archived