Krystian Bielik - Signed 5 year deal

Kyle guest

28 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Without Bennett this season we would’ve finished considerably lower in the league:

1- Assist for winner at Reading 

2- Assist for winner at Hull 

3- goals scored in games which could’ve allowed teams back into the game and result in a Derby loss

4- goal vs WBA which gave us play off spot. 

^only the things I could name off top of my head

The majority from the bench. He's much better as an impact sub.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Final question from me, If we are actually dropping 10 million on a player then why is that player not Fikayo Tomori?

I would guess that Chelsea still see a future for him and feel a Premier League loan move is the next step for him. Everton have been linked.

They sold Kalas for £8 million - a player who is 26 and has seemingly found his level - so I suspect Tomori would cost significantly more and hence be out of our reach.

£10 million for Tomori - who is vastly younger than the aforementioned Kalas and could yet improve - would be the steal of the century for us, but probably wouldn’t look so wise on Chelsea’s part all things considered.

24 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Final question from me, If we are actually dropping 10 million on a player then why is that player not Fikayo Tomori?

Maybe he’s not for sale, or if he is it’s for much more than 10m

36 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Maybe he's valued at £20m, maybe he wants a prem move, maybe Cocu wants a defender better in the air. Who knows.

Nobody on this forum can answer that question.

Except @BagRam but he'll want to be respectful to his sources so may not be willing.

We won't spend £10 million o  this guy despite what has been reported. Loan to perm a possibility or £3-5m plus massive add ons and sell on but we won't spend £10m.

As for why bot Tomori. It may be that this guy is better. Just because he hasn't played in Championship doesn't mean anything. He got rave reviews from the u21 Championship which Tomori certainly didn't. He's also perhaps a little more versatile. If....and it a big if...we get him then it will be to play largely as a midfielder who can break up play and play a pass. Similar to Shinnie. The system we play this season wont have the holding midfielder or Fifa style CDM that people harp on about. It will have an extremely hardworking and interchangeable midfield unit that aims to cover more ground than the opposition every game. Similar to Leeds last season.

10 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

He's bloody massive and pretty quick for a unit too. As others have said I cannot imagine the £10m is up front but could be a great signing in an area we definitely need to invest in.

He looks quick and agile for a big guy (6’ 2”). Looks to have quick feet and good timing in the tackle. If he’s anything like the highlights reel then exciting times. 

1 hour ago, Raich Van Carter said:

He looks quick and agile for a big guy (6’ 2”). Looks to have quick feet and good timing in the tackle. If he’s anything like the highlights reel then exciting times. 

Don't want to piss on your chips mate but we've had a few that look good on Youtube but haven't turned out that way.

8 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Tomori is seen on the Chelsea forums as the replacement for David Luiz. They're really excited to see him play alongside Rudiger

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Ten million for a player who hasn’t played above league one? Errrm

Granted it’s not an awful lot of games but I would consider the Championship and the U21 Euros as a level above League One.

8 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Surely we’ve already had the question and already got the answer if we’re moving for another player this late?

Now this is a signing to get excited about. If Mel pulls this off would be class. 

Assume he is to play in DM role and Matt Clarke in CB if they are both coming? Both look good talents and a decent age for what we are trying to shape. 

A winger or two and possibly another creative midfielder and then we are cooking! 

My mate who is an Arsenal fan he cant understand why they would let him go, with all there defensive problems he thinks that he should be kept at the Arsenal this season. Him and many others think that this lad is a very good player.

Archived