Sign in to follow this  
FindernRam

Changing behaviour because of this forum

In the Politics thread, it has been asked if the discussion therein has actually changed anyone's views.

Quite apart from that thread there has been some pretty enlightening debates on a whole range of subjects from mental health, irritations, food etc

Would anyone like to share if their views on something has altered, or they even changed their behaviour as a result of this forum.

For me, the politics thread has not changed my opinion it has entrenched it.

A bit about rehabilitation of offenders made me think about my attitude, but didn't make me change too much, still think on some  crimes we're still too soft.

The humour thread confirmed my tastes are pretty mainstream (if this forum can be described as mainstream).

Despite all the propaganda by a certain moderator, I still think all devices made by a fruit company are overpriced tat! 😀

14 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Despite all the propaganda by a certain moderator, I still think all devices made by a fruit company are overpriced tat!

are you familiar with the BanHammer?

44 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

In the Politics thread, it has been asked if the discussion therein has actually changed anyone's views.

Quite apart from that thread there has been some pretty enlightening debates on a whole range of subjects from mental health, irritations, food etc

Would anyone like to share if their views on something has altered, or they even changed their behaviour as a result of this forum.

A bit about rehabilitation of offenders made me think about my attitude, but didn't make me change too much, still think on some  crimes we're still too soft.

The humour thread confirmed my tastes are pretty mainstream (if this forum can be described as mainstream).

Despite all the propaganda by a certain moderator, I still think all devices made by a fruit company are overpriced tat! 😀

Yeah blackberrys aren’t very good these days tbf

37 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

This place has changed or at least softened my views on a lot of things. Especially these days when I only come on here to talk about off topic stuff, it's very rare I post about the football side of DCFC.

Biggest change is probably my opinion of certain individual posters but also my opinion of Mel has totally changed.

It's still a work in progress but I'm also trying my best to be less argumentative and more diplomatic in my replies. I usually get into rows by trying too hard to get out of them if that makes sense 😉 

I use it as a knowledge source. Some of the things people have discussed have really opened my eyes and got me to look at things from a different perspective.

I'm not saying it's made be a better person but it has 😉

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

are you familiar with the BanHammer?

I am now; never knew an "urban dictionary" existed and I'm totally lost on "Meme".

Anyway our moderators are fair minded reasonable people so I can sleep without fear of a ban..

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I am now; never knew an "urban dictionary" existed and I'm totally lost on "Meme".

Anyway our moderators are fair minded reasonable people so I can sleep without fear of a ban..

stare GIF

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

get out GIF

8 hours ago, FindernRam said:

As @David been demoted or as @Boycie finally managed to find the admin password

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Yeah - I started thinking a couple of posters were *****, but after some days of to-ing and fro-ing I have come to the realisation that they are actually ******* ***** ******** !!!

So the forum has certainly elongated my sentence construction....😶

I'm surprised the word total doesn't get through the swear filter 😉

I can't be the only one playing the what phrase fits game here surely 😉